if you're happy pt.2 (danielle x fem reader)

after that exam result, y/n always hid her test scores from danielle and lied to her. she made up fake grades after hearing how much danielle scored.

she always lowered her grade, just so danielle could be happy about beating her and scoring higher.

she knew she could not keep up with the lies and danielle would find out sooner or later. but for now, she just wanted to see danielle happy.

danielle's smile was like a ray of sunshine and it made y/n's heart flutter.

"hey, y/n! so, how did you do for the math quiz?" danielle went up to y/n excitedly as usual.

"how much did you get?" y/n asked back.

"98!"

"damn... I got a... 97," y/n lied. again. she expected to see danielle's smug face and smile but danielle's smile drop.

"y/n, are you sure you are okay these days? how come you're not doing as well? you usually beat me!"

"ha... I guess I just lack the skill now."

"really? I mean... it's becoming a common occurrence now. too much of an occurrence that you always score a few marks lower than me."

"then it must be that you are lucky."

"can I see you test paper?"

"no. it's too embarrassing to show you."

danielle frowned at y/n's response. she knew no matter how bad y/n did, she never hid her test paper.

in one swift motion, she snatched the test paper out of y/n's hand that was behind her back.

"99? y/n, you said you scored 97! why would you lie?"

"I just-" y/n got cut off when danielle rummaged through her bag and took out the old test papers.

"hey! what are you doing?! don't touch my stuff!"

"y/n... why have you been lying?" danielle asked as she looked through the previous tests they had.

"I... yeah. I'm sorry, but I had no ill intention on hiding them."

"I doubt you can explain why you would lower your own score and lie to me."

"I... I just want to see you happy."

"why does it matter to you if I am happy or not?"

"it matters a lot. I love the way you smile, the way your eyes crinkle up, the way you laugh, the way you hum a song, and the way you skip over to your friends to brag that you scored higher than me. I just wanted to make you happy, even if it meant lying about my grades."

"y/n... are you in love with me?"

"n-no..." y/n answered, her face turning red. she looked down and hid her blushing face.

"y/n, look at me," danielle cupped y/n's face and made her look up at her. " I think, I fell in love with you too."

"really?"

"yes. you just look so attractive each time I see you but I don't know what to say or do because we are considered rivals."

"danielle, I don't want us to be just rivals, or friends. I want us to be more," y/n said as she stood up and leaned in closer to danielle, wrapping her arms around her waist.

danielle smiled and wrapped her arms around y/n's neck. they leaned in closer, their lips almost touching, and y/n felt her heart race with anticipation.

and then they kissed, their lips meeting in a soft, gentle embrace. it was like fireworks went off in y/n's mind, and she felt a rush of emotion flood her body. she had never felt anything like this before especially with danielle, and it was both terrifying and exhilarating.

as they pulled away, y/n looked into danielle's eyes and saw the love and affection reflected back at her. she knew that she had found someone special, someone who made her feel alive and happy.

"danielle, i like you," y/n said, her voice barely above a whisper.

danielle smiled, her eyes shining with happiness. "i like you too, y/n. and i don't care about grades or competition. all i care about is us, and the love we share."

y/n felt a sense of relief wash over her. she had been carrying this secret love for danielle for so long, and now that it was out in the open, she felt lighter and happier.

"i'm still beating you in the next test though."

"hey!"