miss you (hyein x fem reader)

hyein and y/n had always been academic rivals. their competitive nature and relentless pursuit of excellence led to a strained relationship filled with animosity and constant bickering. each day at school was marked by their verbal jousts and attempts to outshine one another.

but one fateful day, y/n's world turned upside down. she fell ill with a severe fever, forcing her to miss an entire week of school. as she lay in bed, her mind clouded with delirium, she couldn't help but wonder what hyein was up to. would she take advantage of y/n's absence to revel in her victory?

after a week of battling the fever, y/n finally regained her strength and returned to school. her footsteps echoed through the hallways as she made her way to her classroom. but as she entered, she noticed something amiss.

there was hyein, sitting at her desk, wearing a gloomy expression. y/n's initial instinct was to taunt her, to revel in her moment of weakness. but as she prepared to unleash a cutting remark, hyein's eyes met hers, and something in her expression made y/n pause.

without a second thought, hyein bolted from her seat and rushed towards y/n. in a swift motion, she enveloped her in a tight hug, surprising y/n and leaving her momentarily speechless.

"i missed you so much," hyein whispered, her voice laced with genuine emotion. "i never realized how much i enjoyed competing with you until you were gone."

y/n's eyes widened in disbelief, her heart pounding in her chest. this wasn't the reaction she had anticipated. hyein's words were sincere, devoid of their usual competitive edge.

hyein continued, her voice filled with vulnerability. "the past week was unbearable without you. i realized that our rivalry, as intense as it may be, pushes me to be better. i thrive on our academic battles, and without you, it felt like something was missing."

y/n stood there, her animosity melting away with each word hyein spoke. in that moment, she saw a different side of her rival, a side she had never glimpsed before.