unexpected (hyein x fem reader)

y/n sat in the library alone, reading a book. she was reading peacefully until she heard noises coming from the other aisle. she rolled her eyes at the noises.

she hated that people were making so much noises in the public library. especially when she was reading.

she sighed and continued reading. she smiled when the noises stopped. she continued reading till she got to the best part of the book when the doors slammed open, creating even more noises.

y/n looked at the doors but no one was there. she looked between the shelves and couldn't see anyone. she shook her head as she walked past the shelves, wondering why anyone would barge into the library like that.

finally, she walked past a shelf and notice there were people. she watched them from between the shelves and was about to go up to them and reprimand them for making so much noise.

"... y/n..." she stopped in her tracks when she heard one of them mention her.

she moved closer and listened intently, curious as to why she was being mentioned. as she listened, she realised it was hyein. y/n and hyein hated each other for no reason. 

it started when y/n started giving out candies to her classmates and hyein would show up the next day with even more candies. y/n hated that hyein was always copying her. they even got into a catfight once and y/n ended up winning.

y/n was so proud of emerging victorious that she bragged it to anyone she saw which fueled hyein's hatred for her.

y/n stood close to the shelves and listened closely to the conversation between hyein and her friend.

"no, this is so freaking annoying!" hyein whispered loudly to her friend, hyunseo.

"it won't be if you just told her," hyunseo answered nonchalantly and shrugged.

"what do I even say? 'hey y/n, I absolutely hate you but I am so in love with you and I wanna make out with you so bad every time I see you'?"

y/n's eyes widened and she slowly backed away, trying not to make so much noise. 

too bad, she lost grip of her book, making it fall with a loud thud. she stood there and watched as hyein walked round the corner.

they both froze as they made eye contact with each other.

as hyein and y/n locked eyes, the library doors suddenly burst open again, making both girls jump in surprise. a group of rowdy students entered, laughing and chatting loudly, breaking the tense moment between hyein and y/n.

y/n quickly grabbed her book and started to walk away, feeling awkward and unsure of what to do. hyein stayed rooted to the spot, staring after y/n with a conflicted expression on her face.