𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

————

————

first person pov

now on our way to enlaend, i felt a lot more relieved. there weren't any more uncertainties and everything seemed a lot more peaceful now that i knew what would happen...well, i didn't know exactly what would happen, but at least i knew that it wouldn't involve any of us being trapped in a situation like that again.

one evening, i found myself on the observation deck, leaning against the railing and observing the stars as we sailed at a steady pace through the vast expanse of space.

suddenly, someone's arms wrapped around my waist and i let out a startled yelp as they hoisted me off of the ground and swayed me over the edge of the ship.

"what the hell?"

the person let out a laugh and i recognised the sound immediately. i laughed in response as i held onto his forearms.

"i swear, kai. if you don't put me down..."

"nah. i think i'll let you float away."

yet as he said that, his grip on me tightened and he slowly brought me back to the deck.

"seriously, aera. do you not have any unagi at all?"

tilting my head, i eyed my brother curiously.

"how do you know that word?"

he smiled bashfully, shifting his weight from one foot to another.

"it's just a stupid reference, really."

"you've watched friends? when - "

"with heeseung. while he was recovering. it was just...something to do."

i smiled at him.

"you're adorable. well. if you haven't finished it, it's something that we can watch when we get to enlaend."

kai seemed to perk up a little at that before coming to stand beside me. the sound of the breeze blew past our ears as we stood in silence for a while.

"about enlaend, aera. where do you want to go?"

i turned slightly to face him.

"what do you mean?"

"well, yunho hasn't even met us and yet he helped with securing a place large enough for all of us. but...yeonjun said that they have a spare room too. and i know he asked you to share with them. so...i was going to ask. do you want to live with them? or with us? i know you've known yeonjun longer and i know that you didn't even know that i was your brother until recently, but..."