𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

————

————

first person pov

"sunoo!"

kai called for the other boy as soon as the longboat that the three of us were in was close enough to the main ship.

but over the sound of the motors of both ships that were set to hover, it was clear that no one would hear us.

kai took steered the longboat up so that we were in view of the main deck of jungwon's ship. but no one was up there either.

"ok. aera. can you climb over the railing and get sunoo, please? he's probably in the sick bay. below deck."

"oh...ok. sure."

without thinking, i stood up, causing the longboat to tilt to the side.

my brother stumbled but kept his hold steady. on the other hand, soobin ended up rolling onto the floor, letting out a groan of pain as he did so.

"sh*t. sorry. i'm sorry, soobin."

"ok, aera. you know what? stand here. don't touch anything. i'll go get him."

i cringed a little at the boy's tone.

"sorry, kai."

he sighed in response.

"don't apologise. it's fine. just stand here."

silently, i followed his instructions and watched as he left the longboat, climbing over the railings to get to the main deck.

when he disappeared below deck, my eyes went back to soobin. he had repositioned himself so that he was lying on his side and i noticed the bandage wrapped around his forearm.

"talk to him then."

"are you still here?"

"well, obviously," he said as he rolled his eyes. "you definitely miss me too much, love. now, why are you talking to me when you could be talking to your boyf — "

"don't say that."

seonghwa smirked a little when i cut him off. and before i could continue my conversation with him, soobin's voice prevented me from doing so.