𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

————

————

third person pov

it had been almost a day in the air after the crew had stopped at a small, isolated planet to lay jichan's body to rest; two days since the crew had left cromer.

for the entirety of that day, aera hadn't left her room. the crew had put away all the food into storage, eaten and divided up the water when they had rid themselves of their tail. but aera didn't feel like eating.

her body was begging her for food and water; some sort of sustenance to pull through. but she ignored its wishes. she just remained sitting on her bed, staring at the closed door of her room with no expression on her face.

every single question that had been preying on her mind since she was taken aboard the ship disappeared. the answers weren't important to her anymore.

nothing mattered. not the reason why taehoon did what he did, not whether jongho actually killed that man or not, not why she had only been left a silver ball, and not even who had taken that ball. because why would she care about a stupid ball that didn't do anything anyway.

everything seemed trivial compared to what had happened before they had left cromer. the one thing that consumed her every waking thought. just that one singular thing that kept replaying in her head; paralysing every limb of the girl.

her brain, the one thing that she wished had been devoid of any thought, decided to work overtime to make aera relive that moment, and only that specific moment.

at some point, jongho had knocked softly before opening the door, only slightly, so that he could put a large plastic bag inside her room. the only other two people who had come to her door were hongjoong and kai.

the captain had asked her to come for dinner but was met with silence as a response. she recalled him saying something about leaving a plate of food outside but she couldn't remember if that was true. kai had asked her how she was but he too got an answer identical to the one given to hongjoong.

before aera knew it, it was night again. it was like her body had switched to autopilot as she lay down.

she didn't want to close her eyes because the darkness would allow her mind to wander. so she opted to focus on every single detail of the wooden table next to her bed.

the girl had been observing the pattern engraved on the black handle of one of the drawers before a knock came on the door again.