𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

————

————

first person pov

"captain...what about seonghwa?"

san spoke up for the first time in quite a while.

hongjoong glanced at the carpenter before his eyes travelled to the boy on the chair behind him.

he took in a long, staggered breath.

"we can't just leave him here, captain."

"what do you propose i do, san?"

"i...i don't know. all i know is that we can't leave him here. we just can't."

"you can join him if you want."

the sound of boots rapidly thudding on the ground came closer as two of taehoon's men suddenly entered the room.

"or maybe just jungwon.
seeing as he betrayed me and all that."

both had guns in their hands; one of them raising the weapon so that it was aimed at jungwon.

without thinking, i instantly ran to push the boy out of the way, just before hearing two simultaneous gunshots.

the speed at which i was running caused the two of us to collapse onto the floor, the younger boy effectively cushioning my fall as i rammed into him.

one of the gunshots came from taehoon's man, that much was evident when i felt the bullet's heat as it sped right past my hip and embedded itself into the wall behind us.

the other bullet was fired by someone else and it clearly hit its mark as one of taehoon's men instantly collapsed to the floor. i turned my head to the other one, just in time to see a dagger whiz by; the steel blade digging itself into the other man's neck.

after a futile attempt to remove it, he too fell to the ground. i tilted my head curiously at the golden hilt of the dagger as i wondered where it came from.

turning to look at the others, i saw hongjoong lower his gun. he stepped closer to the men he had just killed. crouching down, the captain removed his dagger from the body and wiped the blood on the guy's black clothes before pocketing the weapon.

"whoever brought us here, they should've checked my boot," he said, standing up straight and looking at all of us. "we should get out of here before he sends more people. he'll be even more pissed than before."