𝘵𝘸𝘰

————

————

first person pov

after the door shut behind me, i broke down. sinking down to the floor, i just sobbed. i didn't care how loud i was, no one was even here. the sound of the rain did little to drown it out.

truth is, i was waiting for him to open the door and come after me. maybe i had over-reacted a little bit, i should've at least let him explain. wincing, i remembered what i had said just a few seconds ago. i had no right to say that he wasn't my real father. he loved me like his own daughter and...of course i did too. i loved him like a father. because he was. he was my father.

i sat there in the darkness and rain for a while, the only sound being the droplets splashing against the ground. i waited, but the door never opened. he would've definitely come after me, so i knew that something was wrong.

standing up, i took my own house keys out of my jacket pocket and unlocked the door. all the lights in the house were off. i shut the door behind me and flicked on the room's switch. the old box was no longer on the couch and my father wasn't in the room.

"father?"

walking over to his bedroom, i knocked on his door gently before opening it. from the light in the living room, i could see the outline of my father in his bed.

he's sleeping. he's sleeping? why was he sleeping peacefully after that? was he not worried?

"'two days ago' by X.kz now playing."

i heard lex announce before the song started playing at full volume. my hands now covering my ears, i ran back into the living room.

"jeez! lex, stop! shut up!"

"i'm sorry. i can't find a device called 'shut up' in my inventory. to add new devices, use the app."

"yeah. i'll be sure to download the app on my non-existent phone."

my father was the only person who had a phone for now. he needed it for work and he was going to get one for me too, but i refused. the only time that i would leave the house was either training at the restaurant, or going out for a walk. both of those i did with my father anyway, so i didn't think there was a need to use any more of our money on unnecessary things.

"i have stopped playing 'two days ago' by X.kz."

"thank you. finally."