𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘹

————

————

first person pov

"aera?"

the boy with dark blue hair stood up from the ground in the middle of his cell. i didn't say anything as he watched soobin take out a key and unlock the door.

stepping inside the cell, i ignored the baffled expression on yeonjun's face and instead looked at soobin as he locked the door to the cell again.

"aera. sorry. you'll get to talk to kai soon and i'm also sorry about — "

"it's fine, soobin. it's my fault."

mouth opening, i could see that soobin wanted to say something but he hesitated. and he was then cut off by the sound of a blood-curdling scream.

it didn't stop. it was like a continuous shriek followed by a break of a few seconds, before again resuming.

a flash of concern crossed the jet-black haired man's face.

"i'll go check what's going on. don't worry, aera. i'll be back to get you for dinner."

"be careful, soobin!"

i called out to the second officer as he ran out of my view. completely ignoring the other person in the cell, i waited. he didn't say a word throughout the whole time that i stood there, looking up at the rafters, waiting.

after a while, the screaming finally stopped and i let out a breath. there was no other commotion following that, so i assumed it wasn't anything that serious.

jongho had probably seen a bug or something.

of course, that theory was just me trying to ease my worry about who exactly was screaming bloody-murder and why.

i felt a light tap on my shoulder and turned around to come face-to-face with yeonjun.

"what happened?"

"how am i supposed to know, yeonjun??"

he shook his head.

"no. i don't mean right now. i mean since you last came down here. i've been wanting to talk to you for ages. i even asked whoever came down here to let me see you. but you — "

"can you blame me, yeonjun? can you blame me if i didn't want to see you after what i found out?"

a pout formed on his lips before he looked down.