𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

————

————

first person pov

"that's a lie."

"why the hell would i lie? what kind of benefit would that bring me?"

"entertainment. obviously. why should i trust anything that comes out of your mouth? it's easy to see that you're the type of person who would say anything just to get a dramatic enough reaction."

"alright. i can see why that'd be your best guess, but i really wouldn't make up something so serious. i'm not that sadistic."

"you tried to kill yeosang by suffocating him while he was unconscious."

"yeah. doesn't mean that i'm sadistic. i could've slit his throat or something. but that would've been too much blood. i'm not messy."

"oh. oh! ok. obviously, you'd want to keep your murders clean."

"exactly. you understand. plus, i'm only telling you whatever lines your father's been feeding me."

"he's not my father."

"ok. keep telling yourself that."

at this point, i could tell that yeonjun was more than just frustrated. the fact that he had given up trying to pry my hands off of the cell bars as i kept shaking them more viciously, told me exactly how exasperated he was.

his outburst was also indicative of what he was feeling.

"what the hell is even happening?!"

"oh. you're the one who's confused now, yeonjun? wonder what that feels like."

instantly regretting saying that, i sighed and turned to face the blue haired boy after finally releasing the bars of the cell. my hands felt sore from holding onto the rusting metal so tightly. yeonjun's brow furrowed.

"i thought you said that you had forgiven me."

"i have. i just - "

"your tone says otherwise."

"sorry, yeonjun. i'm really not mad at you anymore. he's just, ah!...he's getting to me."

"can i ask you something, aera?"

the volume of his voice was not quite a whisper, but still low. this meant that niki wouldn't be able to hear. so i kept my voice at the same decibel.

"yeah?"

"it was a really long time ago. even if what niki - well, what taehoon - said about your mother is actually true, can you do anything about it now?"

"no. but — "