𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦

————

————

third person pov
[ time interval: nineteen years ago ]

"that's the last of it?"

"that's the last of it."

"great. i have one more thing i need to check on over here. leave one of the longboats here and take everyone else with you. i'll catch up."

"sure, sir."

"we're not on that ridiculous ship anymore, jaeyoung. you can refer to me by my name."

"alright. be quick then, taehoon."

the man nodded before following the streets that he had familiarised himself with. upon reaching a relatively isolated house, taehoon tried to see if he could notice anything through the window. but he couldn't.

so he went to the front door instead; surprisingly finding it open.

peering inside, he saw that the room was empty but he heard the sound of distant sobbing come from somewhere else in the house.

quietly, he went toward the source of the sound. there was a door that was slightly ajar. taehoon pushed it open slowly so that it didn't make a noise and saw a woman sat up on a bed with a crying child in her lap. there was another child sleeping silently in a cot beside her.

"sh. it's ok. don't worry."

she looked tired but she still gently bounced the baby up and down.

the occupants of the room consisted of just those three so taehoon opened the door to make his presence known.

"rick - " the smile that was on her face disappeared as she looked up and saw who was actually standing in the doorway. "i told you not to come back here."

"actually. i recall saying that i would come back when the baby's due." taehoon's eyes travelled from the boy in her lap to the girl in the cot beside her. "does rick know that it's twins? i'm assuming that he hasn't come home yet. and you just sent the nurse out."

"you can't take either of them, taehoon. i know what you're trying to do. please. don't touch my children."

"i think it's only fair if you let me. you know. since they're my children too. i guess rick still thinks that they're his, otherwise he would've left you ages ago."