𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦

————

————

first person pov

the breeze that hit me when i stepped back on the main deck contrasted to the suffocating atmosphere of the sick bay below deck.

turning to my left, i caught sight of jongho moving some boxes around. a smile formed on his lips when he looked up and saw me.

"feeling alright?"

i let out a soft breath.

"yeah. i guess."

"well, do you want to help me? we'll organise the supplies; there's a lot of them to account for."

"of course."

i joined the brunette and we sorted through the different boxes, making sure there was enough of everything and all of it was set out in a proper manner.

as we worked in silence, i couldn't help but glance over at jongho every so often. he seemed focused on what he was doing, but he seemed a little off.

"jongho?"

"hm?"

"are you ok?"

jongho paused for a moment, his hands stilling as he fixed his gaze on a distant point. he brought his inner cheek between his teeth before releasing it and letting out a breath.

"yeah. i'm fine."

after saying that, the boy continued working on moving the different boxes around.

"jongho - "

"oh! you wanted to hear about my time on cromer. didn't you?"

"jon - "

"i got bored, you see? just sitting on that planet, doing the same bloody thing every day. i wanted to get out."

i could barely get a word in as the brunette kept talking all the while moving about as he sorted through the supplies.

i went to call his name again but stopped when someone called mine.

jongho also looked in the direction of the person. the newcomer stood there, nervously shuffling about.

"um. can i talk to you?"