𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

————

————

third person pov
< 10 minutes until the end of the first hour >

"beomgyu. have you found it, yet?"

kai was very clearly in a panic.

"no! i don't know what this means! i'm not yeosang. i can't bloody read maps."

as was beomgyu.

"would you two relax?"

soobin was not. instead, he was calmly rifling through one of the drawers of a dresser, disregarding whichever item seemed irrelevant to him.

earlier, after they had taken the turn at the end of the hallway, the three boys were met with another door. that door opened to a room which was significantly larger than the one that they were in before.

this room had a mahogany king-sized bed, dresser, table, and a large, picture frame displaying a crudely drawn landscape hung above the headboard of the bed.

there was another door in the room but it was locked and, according to taehoon, they would find the antidote to the poison with the key to unlock it.

when they had first entered the room, kai had spotted a map laid out on top of the bed. beomgyu had been trying to decipher the markings on it for the past half hour while kai tried to find literally anything that could help.

"how the hell are you this calm?? you're literally going to die if we don't get that antidote thingy. you get that, soobin? die."

in frustration, beomgyu balled up the piece of paper in his hand and threw it at the oldest boy's head.

"dude?!"

"oh(!) did that hurt, soobin? no? you know what is going to hurt, though? when your stupid chest constricts and your dumbass airways get blocked and you fall into a writhing mess onto the floor. so stop trying to act as if you're 'fine'. your face is already paler than ever. and you've been trying to hide it but you've been coughing continuously for the past ten minutes! stop telling the two of us to relax, you prick!"

soobin marched - well, technically limped - up to beomgyu.

"well, if you're stressed, how will you even begin to find it?"

"would you two just stop arguing?!! ugh! come on, it has to be somewhere in this stupid, small room!"