𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦

————

————

third person pov

"yeonjun? are you in pain?"

"is it possible to feel your heart beat in your fricking head? because i swear. it literally feels like it's in my brain."

as if noticing who had actually asked him that question, he paused.

"taehyun..."

"keep that ice over your eye. it's really bad. actually, that entire side of your face looks bad. cover it up."

taehyun readjusted the bag of ice that sunghoon had given to him earlier so that it covered the entirety of the left side of yeonjun's face.

"taehy - "

"don't sit up. it'll fall off."

the younger boy pushed on yeonjun's shoulder so that he remained lying on the bed.

"tae — "

"your wrists are kinda messed too. don't move them around too much either."

"so...i should just stay frozen like this?"

"exactly. you get it."

"alright, tae. i get that you're mad — "

"i'm not mad."

holding the ice, yeonjun sat up and looked at taehyun with a pointed look. the younger boy sighed.

"fine. i am. i'm really trying not to be. but i am. i mean, two years, yeonjun."

"i know. you have every right to be mad."

"mingi's going to kill you when you get back. just saying."

"thanks. can't wait."

a silence fell between the two. the only sound in the sick bay was a spoon hitting the edges of a wooden bowl as sunoo tried to make some sort of concoction. there was also the sound of gunshots coming from the main deck, but taehyun knew that it wasn't someone attacking, considering the fact that the crew were disregarding it.

suddenly, the entire ship shook slightly and the loud sound of an engine became audible, drowning out any and all other noises.