𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

————

————

first person pov

"wait!"

"agh!" the healer almost dropped the salve that was in his hands. "aera. i don't think you understand. there's not enough time, we can't afford to delay it."

"i know, i know. but there has to be another way to stop the blood for now. don't permanently close it up."

he looked at me, bewildered that i even offered that up as a solution.

"ok. i know it sounds bad but we're above a planet, aren't we? i heard the other captain say it was called pledis, i think. well, there has to be a hospital on pledis. if you can stop the bleeding for now without stitching it up, shouldn't we get him treated down there? maybe they can get the bullet out and stop anything bad from happening later."

kai hesitated a little before sighing. "fine, but we have to hurry. soobin's already been down there, so it's better to call seonghwa. oh, daniel knows the area. he's feeling a little better so you can take him with you. his condition isn't too bad so if he wants to go home, he can."

"alright."

the mint haired man got busy sorting out san's wound, while i leaned over the railings, scanning the deck for a certain inexpressive person.

"seonghwa!" the man looked up at me from the main deck. the look on his face was so easy to read. it was almost as if i had inconvenienced him so much so that he would've thrown me off the ship if i was within his reach.

"are you going to say something, or are we going to continue glaring at each other?"

"i literally paused for only two seconds. but anyway, there are more important things than me arguing with you. could you come up here? we need help in getting san down. and quickly."

"is kai not up there?"

"of course he is! it's just really bad. and you need to come here now. we need to get him to a hospital on pledis!"

i could see the look on his face turn from frustration to one of concern almost instantly. even though kai was up here, san was still in a bad situation. and seonghwa knew it was serious.

"what do you need?"

"daniel!"

"who?!"