𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

————

————

first person pov

"i don't know if you can tell me this, but what are you planning to do once you guys get your treasure back?"

yeosang peered up at me through his blond bangs.

i was genuinely curious. i know their objective was to retrieve the treasure that was stolen from them and i know that i wanted to help them get it back from taehoon because, after all he did, he obviously didn't deserve to live in luxury. i wanted to find out why he did what he did and since i was here, i wanted to make him pay. but after that, i wanted to go back home with my father and hopefully not struggle with any more financial issues. however, i was also curious as to what hongjoong and the rest of the crew wanted to do after they finally got it back.

the helmsman sighed before putting his equipment down. "well, i guess you should know this anyway. what, with you being forcefully taken aboard this ship and everything. but i don't even know if this is still accurate, so don't say anything about it."

i nodded. "alright. i won't."

"hongjoong hasn't mentioned this for a while, but he had this future that he sort of fantasised about. when hongjoong's father was captain, all eight of us and a few of the people from that crew...the one that attacked earlier...we, well, we all became close. he used to talk to us about not wanting to be considered a pirate anymore. a lot of places that we travelled to had some sort of vendetta against pirates and hongjoong became sick of it. it was mainly the planets which had progressed and adapted to the new age. he had this obsession with their lifestyle and wanted to live like that. but they had such a hatred towards pirates that hongjoong stopped talking about it. i don't know what he wants to do in the future when we get the treasure back. but he used to want to find a place to just stay and he wanted to live like that with us. he's always considered all of us as his family, and i know that if he quit being a pirate, he'd only want to do it with all of us. but we can't do that when we don't have nearly enough to afford a nice place on a nice planet."

i sat there silently, taking in all the information yeosang had just relayed.

the thought that hongjoong had hated being a pirate never crossed my mind. the fact that some parts of the ship were quite modern made sense now.

the ship was actually quite large, meaning that there was space for a lot of different rooms.

there were two bathrooms on the ship and they seemed like they were straight out of a cruise ship. granted, i had only seen how cruise ships were in movies and such, but it did seem out of place on a pirate ship.

i had seen that each of the bathrooms had its own shower and enough hygiene products for more than eight people.

pirates would usually spend weeks in the air, so it was inevitable that they would emit a bad odour. but when hongjoong had stood next to me earlier, he very clearly smelt of mint.