𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦

————

————

a little something different...

[ time interval: the month since he first saw her ]
[ pov ]
[ choi soobin:
thoughts over time: a partial recount ]

the way she was running seemed so haphazard, i doubt she even realised that i was standing in her path. as she swerved slightly, i moved so that i was in front of her and waited for the inevitable jolt as she expectedly ran right into me.

stupid jongho and his stupid inhumane strength.

just because he won in arm wrestling, i had to act as the indecent weirdo roaming the streets.

ugh.

i heard her mumble a quick apology before trying to take off.

unfortunately, i couldn't let her get away, so i grabbed her shoulder and forced her to turn around. "are you some sort of — oh..."

i couldn't quite see her face that clearly because of the rain and the fact that her head had dropped down to the point that she was facing the floor.

i bent down slightly so that i could see more clearly under her coat's hood. seeing her teary face and bloodshot eyes made me feel somewhat unsettled.

"are you ok?"

the girl turned away from me. "yes. fine. now i need to go."

"alright. i was just concerned." i stood up straighter and stuffed my hands in my pockets. i had to remind myself that this was the daughter of the man who stole all of our captain's treasure. "it's unusual for someone like you to be outside at this time with a tear-streaked face in the rain."

she looked up at me and tilted her head. i watched as her eyes scanned my face and i clenched my fist inside my pocket so that i wouldn't be tempted to cover the scar on my cheek. "what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

time to start the gross act.

i shrugged. "you know. you're alone and vulnerable."

the look on her face after i said that...

ew. i'd look at myself like that too.

"alright, i'm not in the mood. so, just shut up and leave me alone. before i give you another scar on your face."

bringing the tip of my tongue between my teeth, i bit down on it to stop myself from saying something wrong.