𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘹

————

————

third person pov

hearing his cries, kai tried to run faster and ended up colliding with the closed door. ignoring the stinging sensation that spread over him, the younger boy jiggled the handle.

but it was locked.

"no. no no no! beomgyu!"

balling his hands into fists, he pounded on the door. each slam on the surface was accompanied with a shout from kai as he desperately tried to get the door open.

fingers going to the handle again, kai tried turning it as he pressed himself to the door, pushing against it.

"beomgyu!"

he heard muffled screaming coming from inside. once more, he slammed his fists onto the wood repetitively while calling out the armourer's name.

"this is not fair, ok?! open the door!!"

kai pressed his ear onto the door again and heard that the screaming had stopped.

"beomgyu? can you hear me??"

when he tried to turn the door handle, the mint haired boy found there to be no resistance. for a few seconds, he stood there in surprise before shaking his head; quickly coming back to reality.

the door swung open and kai immediately rushed over to beomgyu. wearing only his trousers, the armourer was curled up into a ball on the floor. the bedsheet that kai had used as a bandage was also gone.

which meant that blood was pouring out of his wound at an alarming rate. right next to his wound, there was something else that the healer caught sight of. but he couldn't quite make out what it was because not only was the inside of the room dimly lit, but also because beomgyu's whole body was trembling as small whimpers escaped his mouth.

"gyu..."

kai didn't want to lie to himself. he was actually on the edge. he didn't know why, but he felt like breaking down just then. as he saw beomgyu in a bloody mess on the ground, he couldn't help but feel angry. but he also felt sad. it was just a horrible mess.

"alright. hold on, beomgyu. i'll help you. give me a second."

but kai had no idea where to start. he had none of his supplies here and no bandage at all that he could use.