𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

————

————

first person pov

behind a large, thick hedge, we found a small area where sunghoon was working on monitoring others. from what i noticed, it was luckily only a few people who seemed to have been gravely injured during the ongoing fight.

tufts of pink hair peeked out from underneath a white sheet and as i stepped closer, i saw the person's face and recognised it to be heeseung, the boy who had pointed a gun at me some time ago.

his eyebrows were furrowed together and i didn't know what had happened to him but since the sheet was moving with his every breath, i knew that he was alive.

since it was a temporary area, there was nothing too advanced, just a few sheets laid onto the floor as makeshift beds.

sunghoon noticed our presence, his eyes going directly to hongjoong who was practically being lifted up by the two of us.

"the hell happened to him?"

"his back. he's lost a lot of blood."

"lay him down then. quick."

i stood and watched as the icy-white haired boy began to remove the blood-drenched clothing, revealing a large gash stretching from hongjoong's right shoulder down to the lower point of his left shoulder blade.

and there was also a deep wound in his lower back from where the arrow had pierced into it.

"jeez. how is he even alive?" sunghoon muttered to himself as he got all his equipment ready. "captain, can you get me some of those strips?"

jungwon followed the healer's directions and sunghoon took the cloth strips and attempted to staunch the blood. as he pressed on hongjoong's back, the red haired boy's face contorted in pain but he bit his lip and remained immobile and silent.

he continued working on cleaning up the different wounds, stitching them up, and applying different salves to help reduce the swelling.

as i looked at hongjoong with his eyes shut, i felt a sense regret that i didn't prioritise his injuries earlier.

too lost in hoping that he would be alright, i didn't notice that sunghoon had finally finished his work. i only snapped out of my thoughts when i heard the boy speak.

"he's stable for now. but since he lost a lot of blood, he needs to rest to recover."

hongjoong stirred on the bed, his eyes fluttering open. he winced in pain as he tried to sit up but sunghoon pressed a hand against his shoulder, urging him to stay still.