𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

————

————

first person pov

kai had once again fixed up the damage caused by one of his fellow crew mates. the mint haired man had brought a bunch of salves and potions and whatnot to the room i was brought to earlier. yeosang was in the sick bay and san was back in his own room.

that guy that they were calling minhyun, he was in the sick bay too, monitoring yeosang's condition. san was resting in his room and kai had just left my room after wrapping a bandage around my shoulder. technically, i had helped him wrap it because he was avoiding looking while doing it.

i was sat up, reading the book to myself that kai had left for me. due to the fact that the bark dug into my shoulder, i couldn't lean back or put any pressure on that area. so instead of lying down, i sat cross-legged on the bed. it was slightly uncomfortable after a while of sitting like that, but i knew that it would be even more painful if i leaned back onto something.

i refrained from moving my right shoulder, so it was slightly difficult, only using one hand. but somehow, i managed.

a knock suddenly came at the room's door.

"unless you're kai, daniel or the captain, go away."

"what about if you're here on the captain's orders?"

upon hearing the voice, i rolled my eyes and shut the book before placing it onto the table beside the bed. "then you're here because of orders from the captain. nothing i can do about that. you'll have to excuse me for not opening the door though, kai said i shouldn't move around too much."

as the door creaked, i directed my gaze to the man who had opened it.

"never knew you had manners." picking up the book once again, i opened it to a random page. obviously, i wasn't actually reading it, but i was just disinterested in what he had to say.

"can you put that down? the captain wanted you to look at something."

"fine."

placing the book back onto the table, i looked at the black haired man that was standing in the doorway.

i raised my eyebrows at him as he proceeded to stay silent. "go on then. what is it?"

"oh, right." he hurriedly took out a shiny object from his coat pocket and threw it at me. without thinking, i went to catch it with both hands, wincing in pain when i moved my right arm. dropping the ball, my left hand immediately went to my right shoulder.