𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘹

————

————

first person pov

i tried to free myself from kai's hold, tried to see what they meant.

"aera, please. i don't want you to see."

"ok. don't worry, kai. i won't. i won't look."

on the other hand, all soobin could do was look. as he observed the unusually pale complexion of his oldest crew member, his mind raced with thoughts. nothing seemed to make sense to him and at that moment, his only wish was for his mind to become blank. but it didn't.

everyone else was silent, aside from kai, who was still crying as i held onto him.

kai said he was too late...

which led me to realise that seonghwa was gone.

"...seonghwa...taehoon didn't listen."

after i said that, soobin's mind allowed him to finally settle on one thought. i didn't know that it was the exact thing that i had told him earlier. until he spoke.

"to hell with everything else. i do want him dead. i don't care if i don't get out of here. screw what happens to me."

"soobin - "

"you were right, aera. he's ruined everything. with the stuff that he's done, taehoon deserves nothing but death."

about to respond to soobin, i didn't expect to be cut off.

"if only i was quicker. i was - "

"come on, kai. you didn't even know. how could you have known?"

moving my head to the side, i managed to catch a glimpse of something that made my brain go fuzzy.

kai wasn't the one who was too late...

i was the one who was too late.

i was the one who spent ages to find kai.

i was the one who wasted time.

i was the reason for all this misery.

san was right.

how could i continue to hate the boy when he was right?