𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘸𝘰

————

————

first person pov

speechless, i stood in a daze as his words started registering in my mind.

he blew the ship up?

san, however, didn't remain silent. he stalked towards the camera and tried to grab it off of the ceiling. which obviously failed because the ceiling was out of reach.

"are you joking? you blew up our ship?! where's the rest of the crew, huh??"

it had gotten to the point where he was trying to jump so that he could reach the camera. i knew that he was probably trying to tear it off of the wall.

"san...that's not how it works. also, would you stop? you're clearly in pain."

"well, what the hell am i meant to do, aera?? he said that he saw taehoon blow up our ship! as in destroyed it, aera! i have literally no clue where everyone is right now. it doesn't matter how much pain i'm in."

"it's actually..."

"ugh! could you just shut up? honestly so irritating. just answer san's question and i'll listen to whatever explanation comes out of your mouth. where is everyone?"

"like i told kai,
my guys got all of you off of the ship.
oh.
except for the brig.
they didn't know about the location of the entrance.
but i doubt hongjoong would have anyone in there."

"no..."

something crept up inside me. whether it was dread or anger, i didn't know.

"you prick...you knew exactly who was in there. niki was there when he was talking to you. you knew exactly who was in there."

i directed my gaze toward taehyun who was looking as anxious as i was feeling. i hadn't eaten dinner, and yet i felt like i could puke.

there was no way.

"taehyun. you...you said you saw him destroy the ship? are you absolutely sure?"

the fabric of my trousers crumpled as i clutched onto it at the point where my hand was resting against my side.

what i was trying to confirm didn't seem like it registered in the boy's head. then again, maybe it did. and he just didn't want to confirm it.