𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘸𝘰

————

————

first person pov

"you? you're the person that taehoon sent? the only reason you were on KQ was because taehoon asked you to be there?"

the man came up to the bars of his cell while hongjoong only remained silent.

"so. you were only friendly with me every day at the restaurant because you were told to keep an eye on me?"

he shook his head, the front strands of his dark blue hair falling slightly over his eyes.

"no. that's not it. i was told to make sure nothing bad happened to you. and i thought the best way to do that was to become friends with you. so yes, at first i did it because i was told to. but i did enjoy being friends with you. trust me, it was definitely not something i was faking."

"so, how did it work? did you spend time with me and report back to taehoon about everything? because there's something one of your friends sent. taehoon doesn't care anymore. so i guess you wasted your time."

"no. no, i told you. it was the reason i came, yes. i was told to make sure you stayed safe. but i'm telling you, i didn't fake being your friend. i was the one who asked to stay longer because i did enjoy being friends with you and... yeah. i did want to make sure that nothing bad happened to you."

"yeah. i guess that didn't really work out."

yeonjun grimaced. then it seemed like he had realised something.

"you said i was told by taehoon to do it... i wasn't."

i raised an eyebrow, curious about what yeonjun had just said. "then how come all the messages that are coming through on your phone mention that taehoon sent you to KQ two years ago?"

scrolling through the notifications, i reached the one that said he was sent by my so-called 'father' and flipped the phone for yeonjun to see it.

he reached through the bars but i stepped back. a sheepish look appeared on his face as he retracted his hand.

"right." he cleared his throat. "yunho must have not told them then. yunho asked me to go to KQ."

"why would someone i don't know send you to watch over me?"

"um." the dark blue haired man stepped back. hongjoong hadn't said or done anything, he had just been quietly watching the events unfold in front of him. "ok. yunho. he's your cousin — "

"ok. how — how the absolute fu — "

"alright. let me explain. taehoon had a brother. this really isn't how we wanted you to find out — "