𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

————

————

first person pov
< one month later >

"i know, i know! ugh. would you shut up?"

"shut up? did you just tell me to 'shut up'?"

"yes. i did, wooyoung. what are you going to do about it?"

"i'll beat you at rainbow road again!"

"well, i barely even knew what a controller was until three weeks ago and yet i can still beat you at any and every other road in this mario kart game or whatever it is."

"oh, shut up, beomgyu."

i smiled while watching the two of them bicker as i prepared breakfast for myself.

"i can barely handle one, i'm so glad that you brought another wooyoung with you, aera."

hearing the sarcasm in his tone, i turned to mingi as he opened the fridge, grabbing a can of sprite from the top shelf. i let out a soft chuckle.

"just be glad that you only have two controllers, mingi. otherwise, i might've joined in."

the tall boy rolled his eyes.

"yet you can't beat me."

"ah, whatever. i can beat taehyun and yunho too. easily."

"you know why you can win against them? let me tell you the secret, aera," he said, leaning closer slightly and motioning for me to come closer a little too. "it's because they suck."

i frowned, whacking his arm as he let out a laugh while backing away.

"who sucks?"

my attention was redirected to taehyun as he walked out of his room and came towards the kitchen whilst rubbing at his eyes.

"ooh, pancakes!"

his hand went right to my plate, but i was quick to swat it away.

"not today. make your own bloody breakfast, taehyun. or ask mingi to do it."

a pout made its way onto taehyun's face as he feigned anger.

"but yours taste so much better than mine," he said before leaning slightly closer. "and also a lot better than mingi's too."

i froze when i heard the older boy standing behind me stop laughing at something wooyoung had said.

"taehyun. i will pour this can of sprite down your shirt."

taehyun tilted his chin up, clearly challenging mingi to do his worst.

in response, mingi narrowed his eyes and took a step closer. "you really think i won't do it?"