𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

————

————

pov
[ unknown ]

the sound of the waves crashing against the shore woke me from my slumber.

waves? no. that doesn't seem right. how would there be waves when every planet but one hasn't seen a natural spring in years?

blinking multiple times didn't change what i was seeing, though. wherever i was, i was laying flat on my back, staring up at the blue sky.

no clouds blocked my vision and it was just one continuous sheet of light blue.

i never go outside barefoot and yet the feeling of sand against the heels of my feet was obvious. sitting up immediately, i shook my head.

the sand and the waves never went away. no matter how many times i shook my head or blinked, i was still sitting in front of the ocean. the ocean that shouldn't exist.

i must've looked like a madman to anyone who could see me violently moving my head back and forth.

after taking a look around though, i realised that i was alone. it was just sand as far as i could see. in the distance, i spotted the horizon. in front of me, it was the line where the sky met the water and behind me, it was where the sky met the sand.

this area was completely barren. i stood up and looked around again. but nothing had changed. i was still alone in this desolate place.

no trees, no houses, nothing but the sand, the sky and the water. i cringed at the feeling of the aforementioned sand underneath my feet as i started to walk parallel to the sea.

maybe if i walked far enough, i'd find something or someone.

"captain?"

panic started to come over me as i couldn't seem to get out of this place. it's a wonder that i wasn't feeling dizzy with the number of times i had shaken my head.

my pace quickened as i graduated into a sprint along the coastline.

"captain?!"

after a few minutes of running as fast as i can, my mouth started to become dry.

feeling out of breath, i stopped running and crouched down, placing my hands onto my knees. after a short while of heavy breathing in an attempt to catch my breath, i stood up straight.