𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

————

————

third person pov

"this feels so weird in my ear."

"you have fifty different piercings, kai. how does an earpiece feel weird?"

"it just does, ok?? now. what exactly am i supposed to be doing again?"

"are you joking??? how could you forget already?!"

"i'm not stupid, heeseung! i know what i need to do but i just wanted to clarify. you know. just in case."

the pink haired boy rolled his eyes but nevertheless crouched down beside the younger, readjusting the strap of his rifle.

"wait for ej to give you the signal. then go in through there," he pointed to a door leading to the complex that hongjoong's crew had only recently escaped from. "you won't be alone, don't worry. i'll be a little ways behind you and the other units will be on either side. this is the only entrance and exit to the complex above ground. honestly, no one has any idea about his underground tunnels and where they lead. but if they end up leading out here, there'll be a few of us stationed here too."

a muscle in kai's jaw twitched as he looked at the door. when he didn't say anything, heeseung continued on with his relay of instructions.

"we just need to make it seem like it's only you. you go forward and since taehoon's definitely always watching through his surveillance systems, he'll see you immediately. once he makes contact, let us know. and only when it's face to face contact. then i can let ej know and one of his crew can hac...mess with the electronics. they'll end up seeing whatever taehoon sees. but it has to be done when we're sure that he's not watching, otherwise he'll register that something's off. once you're with him, he'll no doubt take you to aera. so when you find her, notify me immediately. i'll be there shortly with jay and jake. don't try to do anything stupid in that time and just wait. we'll get her out first. keep that gun hidden. obviously, he won't hurt you, but just to be sure. that's why you also have — "

"yes, yes. i get it," he said, waving a hand dismissively. "what after?"

"once we get you guys out, you go back to the ship. that's it. there's no reason for you to stay longer. got it?"

the younger boy nodded.

a crackling noise made itself audible to both the boys as they hid behind some flora. ej's voice played through their earpieces.