Always To Be Remembered

ابدأ من البداية

The end seemed like an incredible goodbye but it was still a goodbye said all too soon. 

I leaned behind Nana, in her own little world as she beamed with pride towards the girls she'd watched forever, and patted Alexia's back, trying to show her some support. She weakly smiled at me, a gesture I returned. 

"Thankyou," she whispered. 

I shook my head, realizing the soul destroying time that was about to envelop the Putellas sisters.

Alexia looked back to the game, begining to cheer for her sister's team again with that smile on her face that was both genuine and fake; she was overjoyed to see her little sister strive to this incredible level but we all felt the end was upon us, it was a feeling that couldn't be ignored. 

The match begun again, I tried to keep my mind on the football and tell myself it was a happy day because that smile on Nana's face said it all, she was overjoyed to be here and so should we be. 

I couldn't even imagine how Hunter and Alexia were feeling because my heart felt heavy as sinking ship, dragging me under the surface but they must have been dying inside. We all knew to smile today, this should have been happy, Nana wanted this to be happy and it was, seeing her so passionate and full of energy was amazing, but somehow that made it all the more heartbreaking. 

Before the first half ended, Viv scored a goal and Hunter scored her second, both of them dedicated them to Nana. The team jogged into the tunnel though not before waving up to a very excited Nana.

"They're just great aren't they," Nana sighed sitting back into her chair. 

Alexia nodded in agreement, "They're a strong side."

I faintly smiled, proud of the girls I was lucky enough to call my squad, we may have gotten off to a rough start but in the tough times, they proved their love. 

"Bet you're missing being on the pitch," Nana said to me.

"Not today," I shrugged, "It's a nice view from here."

"And good company," Alexia teased; her and I definitely joked around with each other more and more as we became closer. 

I rolled my eyes, "Nana is great but I'm not sure about you."

Alexia narrowed her eyes, a grin still pasted onto her face, "I'll be telling Hunter you said that," She threated.

I immediately shut my mouth, "You wouldn't dare."

"Test me," She challenged. 

"Oh girls," Nana shook her head, chuckling, "You've got all day to spend together, be nice."

"We love each other really," Alexia assured her.

I widened my eyes slightly, "Love might be a little far?"

Alexia huffed, "You're probably the nicest person Hunter has ever dated so I guess I'm having to settled."

Something about that struck me as strange, it had never been a conversation Hunter and I had needed to have but I found myself slightly curious; who had Hunter dated in the past?

"Shush you," Nana quickly silenced Alexia, showing me further that something about that seemingly meaningless comment was deeper than she'd first meant it to be.

My suspicious instantly blurred into the future as the girls ran back onto the pitch, already leading 4 - 0 to Spurs; just the way it should be.

I watched as Katie volleyed the ball over to Leah, near the corner flag but with Leah's quick spin, she managed to keep the ball on the pitch. Even Hunter was marked, Spurs now having a heavy defense and numbers difficult to combat so Leah had one choice. 
Leah looked up at the goal for just a moment and rocketed the ball into the net with such power that the goalie had no chance.