"I was going to ask how you're feeling, but it looks pretty obvious," she said, pulling me in for a hug. I squeezed her tight, and she squeezed me right back. I was hoping some of her strength would be transferred to me in the hug.

"It's tough for everybody, this band means a lot to everybody," Lou said, pulling away to look in my eyes. "It's not going to be easy, but if the boys decide that they want to move forward, then we have to do it too."

She spoke sternly to me, as if to shake me out of this delusional state I was currently in.

I shook my head obediently. It wasn't like I would even think about leaving these boys side's for a second.

It had never even occurred to me that the boys would even consider breaking up after this.

That's when it all came crashing down.

What if Niall decided that he also wanted to "take a break" and raise his son?

What if Liam wanted to "take a break" and spend more time with Sophia? I wasn't the only girlfriend being deprived of quality time with their boyfriend.

What if Harry and Louis wanted to "take a break" from this life to escape all of the rumors and the hate?

This would be a better time than ever.

Lou and I sat together on the couch, my head rested in her lap and she tried to soothe me. I was a mess.

That was when I felt another contraction.

Lou recognized it when she saw my facial expression change and how I clutched my stomach.

"Oh my god," she said. I felt her body tense up underneath me. I clenched my teeth. "Are you okay?"

I tried to bend my body in a way that made it hurt less, but nothing helped. I patiently waited for it to pass, but it hurt.

"It's okay," I said, exhaling when it was over. "They've been coming infrequently over the past week. My doctor said that he's dropping."

Lou started to relax again and began to rub my back.

"I'm so sorry that you're in this position, Alyssa," she said, more gentle. "I can't imagine how overwhelmed you must be."

I didn't respond. My crying was subtle now, I was just letting the tears flow, but it wasn't as forcefully painful as it was before.

I wiped my tears on Lou's shirt by accident, but she didn't mind. She was probably used to it with Lux. 

I was acting like Lux, like a baby. But I had every right to do so.

"Thanks for always being there for me," I said quietly, grasping on to Lou's hand. "I don't know what I would be doing without you."

Lou's hand relaxed in mine. "I'll always be here for you," she said.

Lou was the big sister I never had, even sometimes like my mom, and it meant the world. She was one of the only people here that knew what it was like to be pregnant and work for One Direction at the same time.

Although her situation wasn't nearly as complicated as mine was, she was the closest to understanding.

There was a knock on the door, and we both perked up.

I was a little nervous that I would have to face Zayn again, but it was only Louis, ready to have his hair done for the show.

"Hi," he spoke softly from the door. His eyes were puffy. It looked like I wasn't the only one who had been crying.

His eyes wandered away from us and to the chair in front of the mirror in which he knew he had to sit at in order to get his hair done.

He was too embarrassed to look at either of us, and we were all in vulnerable positions.

I thought back to the last time I was in a vulnerable position.

ha ha

Lou patted my back and then got up to walk over to where Louis was sitting. I stretched myself out, taking up the entire couch.

I had been so sore lately, this baby was driving me insane.

It was eerily quiet in the room while Lou was doing Louis' hair. Usually they were both always full of life, sometimes even singing songs while getting ready.

In fact, the entire building felt more quiet.

Even if most people didn't know something was wrong, they could feel it in the way that we were all acting.

I hadn't seen Harry since our crying party yesterday, and I had barely spoken to Niall. They were both extremely sensitive about this, and they just wanted to have one last great show as a five-piece before facing reality.

Lou silently worked with Louis' hair, Louis' eyes glued to the mirror to his own reflection.

I picked at a nail and felt Owen make himself comfortable (making me uncomfortable). Why can't that child stay still jfc.

About ten minutes later, Lou finished Louis' hair without saying a word. Louis nodded his head and then left the room.

It was so awkward that it was painful.

"So are you all ready for the baby?" Lou asked, changing the subject.

I sat back up in my seat, pushing my dark hair off of my face.

"Everything's ready," I began. "Now all that we need is him."

"Is your hospital bag all packed?" She asked.

I laughed and nodded. Lou came up with a checklist for me and I mentally checked off everything.

"Niall is my main concern," I said next. "I hope he can hold up okay. He's a bit of a baby when it comes to this stuff. If he almost passed out at the first ultrasound, I don't know what's going to happen when I give birth."

Lou and I both laughed for the first time in a while, and it felt great.

We talked a bit longer, getting our minds off of the chaos for a bit.

Niall came to see me before he had to go warm up and go onstage, and he hugged me tighter than he's ever hugged me before.

"Have fun onstage," I told him, like I did nearly every night.

Niall smiled at me. "I never take a single moment for granted."

"You're always good at acting like nothing's wrong," I pulled myself closer so I could whisper in his ear. "Stay strong for the fans."

When I pulled away, I saw a slight smile on his face.

"You can do it," I pulled him in for another hug.

"I'll be thinking of you," he whispered back.

"Don't think of me," I protested. "Think of Zayn."

Niall grew quiet and gave me another hug.

"But I wouldn't be able to get through this without you."

I laughed a little and pushed him away when he wanted another hug.

"Go warm up!" I said. Niall laughed and snuck in the hug anyway.

"See you after," he waved goodbye to me. I crossed my arms and watched his figure fade in the distance.

I just had to hope that they could all keep it together for one more night.

I knew that they could, it was myself that I was worried about

N/A

Updateeeee

Yo is this hiatus over yet I miss my boys

Thanks for everything! Please vote, comment, and keep reading! (:

X