CHAPTER 36

When wrong felt so right

Leaving Aiko in the room I rush after the nurse the corridors were packed full of doctors nurses and patients relatives

Leaving Aiko in the room I rush after the nurse the corridors were packed full of doctors nurses and patients relatives. "YO" I yell causing the corridors to quieten down and attention turning towards me.

The nurse doesn't stop speeding up instead. Once I reach I grip onto her arms slamming her against the wall my anger taking over and my grip on her arms tightening. "How fucking dare you say that to my girl how fucking dare you." i yell inches away from her face and fear taking over her eyes.

"How dare you call her an abusive mother and blame her for the hole in my daughters heart that she couldn't control or possibly do anything about. You don't know what the fuck she's been through and how devastating her pregnancy has been and you stood there and blamed her for everything that happened you stood there yelled in her fucking face and called her a shit mother the FIRST day she got to finally see our baby girl... And you fucking ruined it you selfish bitch."

I yell slamming her back Into the wall her head hitting it aggressively."AND HOW FUCKING DARE YOU WISH THAT MY DAUGHTER COULD BE IN THE FUCKING NICU LONGER." I say my anger turning Into sadness. A tear rolls Down my face as two police officer grab one of my arms each pushing me down onto the floor.

"HOW FUCKING DARE YOU WISH THAT ON A NEWBORN BABY YOUR FUCKING EVIL BITCH" i cry out as the cops shove my head into the ground and I groan. "stop your hurting him please stop." i hear Aiko break through a sob.

"son you are under arrest for an assault crime you have the right to remain silent anything that you say can be used against you in the court of law you have the right to an attorney and 1 phone call when you get to the station." they put the hand cuffs on me before lifting me off the ground and walking me out the hospital Aiko following next to us tears falling out her eyes.

"wait please wait." i say and they stop. "can my girlfriend get the keys out of my sweatpant pocket so that she can drive herself home." i explain and they look at eachother before nodding. Hesitating Aiko comes towards me digging in my pocket and pull out my car keys.

"call my mom tell her everything don't leave out a single detail." she nods clearly shaken up before stepping back as the cops lower my head down into the car.

_____________________

I was searched and had my picture taken before I was locked in a cell for a week waiting on a fucking trial thanks to the nurse who pressed charges even though she fucking started it. "Booker let's go." terry one of the cops that's been giving me food the past week.

Today was finally my trial so he walked me out and sat me down in the seat next to my lawyer.

The nurse and her lawyer was there  and Aiko was in the witness stand and my ma and Alisha and even aikos dad was sitting being me.

"case 201 Booker against Taylor on an assault charge witness at stand 17 year old single mother to Mr bookers daughter Aiko Shu who witness the altercation between miss Taylor and Mr Booker 2 minutes before the assault." i look at Aiko and I could tell she hasn't been sleeping well yet covered it with foundation.

"miss Shu do you swear an oath to tell the Truth and nothing but the Truth." She nods her head. "i do your honour." "miss Shu did miss Taylor say anything that lead to Mr Bookers to assault her."

She gulps. "yes... That day me and Malik went to visit our daughter for the very first time because she was in the nicu for heart and lung problems-" She was rudely cut off by the evil witches lawyer. "objection. Relevance." the lawyers loud yell made Aiko jump.

"i-I'm getting to it...your honour" She says Turning to the judge that gives her a nod to continue and a threatening look to Mrs Taylors lawyer. "so that day were seeing our daughter for the first time and we were alone looking at her when Mrs   Taylors  walks into the room. She then goes and blames me for fetal abuse and said that I didn't care about my daughter blakelyn."

Aikos eyes water and she looks up at the ceiling trying to blink them away. "take your time" judge wilson tells Aiko clearly seeing that the topic was clearly sensitive. "She goes on to say that fetal abuse shouldn't be allowed because now blakelyn would have to live with an abusive teen mom who would starve her in the real world aswell. She then goes and says that she wish she could take blakelyn home in fact wishes she could do any thing to make blakelyn stay in nicu longer to know that she was safe."

Aikos wipes her eyes. "what Mrs taylor didn't know was that my pregnancy was actually a miracle because I struggled and still struggle with anorexia and I Did everything I possibly could have done to make sure my baby was OK and I wasnt going to have a miscarriage because it was really common in my case because I was so anorexic I was meant to be infertile and because of this if made Malik alot more protective over me and blakelyn even when she wasn't born."

I look down when the judges eyes land on my teary ones for a bit two long. "so obviously hearing someone who's meant to be a saviour in life talk to me like that especially about a sensitive topic obviously made him angry on top of that wishing our daughter a longer stay In nicu even after everything we and my her have Been through made him snap." She says gulping down the ball in her throat.

I look back up at the judge my eyes teary. "miss taylor is there anything you would like to add about the altercation." She nods. "at that point I had been working with blakelyn for a few weeks so I have grown to love their daughter and knowing how her problem was caused and seeing the woman that caused it made me act out without talking or knowing about her pregnancy and I admit I was wrong."

Ths judge nods."Mr Booker anything to add." i nod clearing my throat. "i just want to add that I'm not a violent person towards women and I'd never ever hurt a woman before miss taylor and I'm not going to ever again and Im sorry for doing so I'd also like to add that I do struggle with ied I've been taking meds for it since I was 12 years old and I've never missed a single day of taking my medication since I even found out that Aiko was pregnant but the night before I got to meet my daughter I did forget to take my medication so when I heard those comment towards Aiko and blakelyn it kinda off kicked in and I didn't meant to harm her as much as I did."

The judge nods "I have made my decision...Mr Booker you are guilty to assault." my heart drops. "you will be on house arrest for the next 2 months as much as I want to rule you innocent assault is still assault. seeing as you are a school student You are allowed out till 6 that mean school hours including an hour after school in case of detention and if also gives you an hour to spend with you daughter in the nicu. However you will have a probation officer so if you break curfew you will be sent to juvenile prison for up to 6-18 months. Case done."

She hits her gravel before everyone got up and rushed around I now have a criminal record not the best but house arrest for 2 months is better then prison. The offiicer put the ankle monitor on me before taking off my hand cuffs Aiko rushes towards me wrapping her arms around me in a tight hug which I retaliate.

I kiss her head. "let's get the fuck out of here" I curse my lips Still on her forehead.