CHAPTER 44

Explaining to do

I stand up to go and talk to Aiko but my ma's stare and hand to my shoulder tells me not too so I sit and stare at my daughter

"so your not gonna tell us what the fuck Alishas on about." jj says loud enough for the whole table to hear. I sigh not making eye contact yet speaking loud enough for everyone to hear. "w-when I got Aiko pregnant she was suffering with anorexia a really bad case she was really thin fragile and boney it was bad that the doctors called her pregnancy a miracle and Blake had a really low chance of survival if aiko didn't start eating. So together we tried to get her to eat consistently and blakelyn was growing strong and healthy."

I say running a knuckle over  blakes cheek."but when Aiko was 7 months the same day I had my u20's she went into labour. She tried to have birth naturally but half way through the fetus heart monitor went crazy so we had to do an emergency C-section and she came out with no cry and no breathing and I didn't even get to hold her nothing neither did Aiko before she was rushed to the nicu and a doctor came in telling us that she had a huge whole in her heart biggest that they've ever seen in a baby."

She stirs in my arms until she had one leg hanging over my arm and when arm."they told us that they had to wait until she was strong enough to do the surgery and when she had it it was a success. Until we got a call saying that her lungs were failing aswell both completely gone and collapsed on her. So she had to stay in the nicu until her lungs were working perfectly and during that her heart kept playing up and the whole time we didn't get to touch her nothing we got to sit behind a screen in a private room and talk to her and watch a nurse come and raise our newborn. It wasn't until three weeks ago did she come and out of the nicu. "

Tears threaten to fall out. "it was because of Aikos condition that blake came out the way she did so Aiko blames herself but I don't blame her no one does. She tried so hard to make this work she ate as much as she could as often as she could but it's not as easy to go from not eating at all to eating for two you know but she tried she tried so hard no matter how much she didn't want to eat or how many times she broke down because of it and it's not like she didn't try it's not like she sat there and waited for a miscarriage like the doctor said she was gonna have she did everything in her power to make sure blakelyn survived and she did. She may have had to have a shit ton of surgery before she turned one but she survived."

I look up at everyone to see them invested in our story and empathy in there eyes."is that why you asked her if she ate." i nod. "i knew that she looked thin for her age and having a baby but I just thought she was a model cause she also really tall innit." i chuckle.

"she's barely 5 foot she's got some really high heels on she loves heels it's like her comfort." i mess with Blakelyns hair. "we may have only been able to hold blakelyn for 3 weeks but she's always been hours from the moment we were allowed to look and speak to her through thay glass we did everyday at was at the hospital with my daughter she knew I was her daddy and Aiko was her ma no matter who changed her diaper at the end of the day and God I wish it was me I mean I know it's nasty but that's my little girl I rather do all the grimey shit for her then someone else god I got my ass arrested for her and Aiko if thats not enough evidence."

"wait yo what."Jason asks."mama didn't tell yall." i ask looking at my ma and the rest of my family who was in shock. "a nurse was looking after blakelyn for a while and I think it was the first day me and Aiko got to see Blake the nurse was there and she was talking shit making Aiko cry saying how she is such a shit ma and how she should be arrested for fetus abuse how she doesn't deserve to be a ma to blakelyn and how if it was up to her she'd make Blake stay in the nicu so she didn't have to live with Aiko."

Gasps were heard."like that scared me how you gonna say that you'd do anything to keep my daughter in the nicu that's scary I don't know what she could have done to Blake to make her stay longer and no one says that shit to Aiko especially with how hard she tried for blakelyn so when she left I followed her I didn't hit her but like I yelled in her face and pinned her to the wall cause I was so fucking angry and then I slammed her against the wall again when I was yelling at her and her head hit the wall then I got arrested for assault and was held in a cell for a week before I could see the judge who ended up giving me house arrest for 2 months."

"dang brother you never told me this." shaun tells me messing with blakelyns shoe. "not really anything I'm proud of." aiko comes back outside eyes red. "sorry about that." she says not making eye contact with anyone. "can you wake her up malik or she'll be up all night." i nod. Moving her from the cradle position to my chest causing her to wake up.

She looks around confused on her surrounding sleep still controlling her. She see Aiko and stick her arms out. Aiko walks over to us and I can just feel my familys eyes on her body. She takes blakelyn placing our daughter on her hip. She takes the pacy out of Blakes mouth sliva falling out along with it which Aiko wipes awake and blakelyn just stares at my grandma.

"say hi." aiko says in her baby voice as she does the little hand action for hi which blakelyn follows still tired. And my grandma awes and Aiko smiles at blakelyn before kissing her cheeks. "I'm gonna go feed her and check her diaper." She tells me and before she can walk away I call her name causing her to spin on her heels.

"you OK." she smiles and nods and blakelyn swings her legs before grabbing at aikos chest. With her free hand aiko takes Blakes hand out of her dress causing Blake to wind. "OK baby girl."  She tells the whining Blake bouncing her a little before turning to me.

"my dad finishes work in an hour so he's gonna go home and change before coming here to pick me up." she nods. I know she's not OK but doesn't want to show it so I nod. "do you want to take blakelyn tonight or shall I take her."

I shake my head. "ill have her tonight." she nods. "do you have enough milk for her." i nod. "OK I'll come back here tomorrow cause I'm leaving my car here anyways."
"sounds good." She smile at me before turning around and walking inside and I stare at her nice ass as it jiggles with each step she took.

"thought you had a girlfriend." shaun nudges me causing me to stop staring. "i do ish."
"so why you got a boner."that causes everyone to look at me and I look down to check and I don't."fuck off."
Shaun laughs. "your so digging your baby mama." i shrug. "well she's hot why else do you think I fucked her in the first place."

"malik shush I don't want to hear this." My ma glares at me. "have you slept with her since." i shake my head "no but I've kissed her plenty of times since." he raises his eyebrow. "OK and I gave her brain but only once."

"MALIK" my ma yells and I put my had up in surrender whilst shaun was killing himself in laughter. "your such a liar tell me the truth." shaun laughs. "OK I slept with her once." my ma's jaw dropped. "it better not have been in my house." i nod and shaun dies once again.

"actually do you know the day that you came round and I told you about blakelyn... Yeah she was upstairs sleeping in my bed... Naked." shauns jaw dropped. "that's why you came down half naked you fucking nasty boy you fucked her with yo mama in the house." she shook his head in disbelief and my ma was just in shock and disgust.

And thats when one of auntie Monroes hard as bread rolls hit me in the head causing everyone to laugh."no that's not funny." My ma yells causing everyone to shush. "you slept with her the day she came out of the hospital FOUR DAYS after she gave Birth are you stupid Malik if your nastyness swam inside her she could have gotten seriously infected and could have been infertile."

"ma it's fine I pulled out." she looks disgusted until realisation dawned on her. "where." she says sternly. I kiss my teeth. "I'm not telling you that ma that's weird I don't want to even talk about this with you." she throws another bread roll. "ow fine her stomach." i shiver in disgust.
"MALIK SHE HAD A C-SECTION ARE YOU SILLY." how did I know this was coming.

"YOU COULD HAVE INFECTED HER."
i chuckle "I did." she throws another bread roll. "and you think that's funny."
"girl don't be wasting my bread rolls" Monroe earns some laughter but all she gets from ma is a glare. "it's not a big deal she got them restitched and she was good."

My ma shakes her head disappointed and I punch shauns arm."look what the fuck you did you shit stirrer."
"im not the one who nutted on my baby mamas stitches."

I glare at him and he laughs.