CHAPTER 20

You've crossed the line

By the time I refilled my gas went to three different drive through and had a cigarette it was lunch time

By the time I refilled my gas went to three different drive through and had a cigarette it was lunch time. I know I said I was cutting the drugs but I couldn't stop the cigs it's hard and and the stress of nearly being a father who has no clue about how the mom is feeling is making me crave drugs more than I thought I would.

I'm having dreams about my dad well more like flashbacks of him hitting my mom and switching on me when I tried to help my mom worst of all flashbacks from my attempt. How my sister had to pump my stomach out at home because she knew for a fact that I would be pissed if she took her to a hospital and my moms job as a nurse could potentially be on the line I mean how would it look if you son came in for an overdose.

Shaking the thoughts out of my head I head back in school. With my three different take outs bags. I don't go straight to Aiko and instead I go to my friends. "hey baby." i say to tia before kissing her. "hey you back." she says with a warm smile that I give her back. "yeah I went to get food." she looks at me weirdly. "you left school and missed 3 classes because you wanted to get food." i nod. "and fill up the gas cause I'd probably break down on the way home if i didn't."

Still with a weird look on her face she gives me a nod. "ill be right back." i say kissing her cheeks before walking to Aiko who sat with a salad that untouched. She sees me coming so she takes out her earbuds and closes her book. "hey she says with a genuine smile." i spin the chair sitting on it backwards as I rest my head on the top of it. I look around to see a few people staring like it's ungodly to speak to someone who's not popular like there some lower class.

I roll my eyes at them turning back to Aiko."what have you eaten today." her smile fades. "um this salad." my eyebrows squeeze together. "the salad that you haven't touched."

I put the food on the table. "well I knew this was gonna happen and the doctor said it was my responsibility to make sure you eat at school so I got you chick fil a with a cake shake I also went Krispy Kremes and got you a glazed donut cause glazed is the best and I decaffed caramel latte because Alisha said you love coffee so I got it for you just incase you wanted another drink." she looks at me shock on her face.

I smile"what." her shock face turns into a smile. "you bought all this for me." i nod. "thank you but I can't eat all this and I can't spend your money like that." i shake my head "you can and your going to." She sighs. "what's wrong." she shakes her head. "the baby's giving me a hard time and is making me nauseous all the time and even before you got me pregnant I was always nauseous after eating food thats mainly the reason why I'm anorexic because I threw up every piece of food I ate so it's just a waste of food if I eat all of this."

i can see in her eyes how badly shes trying to eat for the baby and for her."Aiko look just eat and I'll help you with your nausea after OK eat as much as you want but if you want to make your baby daddy happy you would eat all of it." She smiles and laughs at my last comment.