CHAPTER 17

Realisation

As we were in the car on the way back to the school Malik was quiet not once looking at me or showing an emotion on his face his knuckles were paling as he gripped the wheel tightly

His phone started ringing on the bluetooth of his car so he answers it. "ma I'm driving right now." he says before a womans voice booms loudly though the car. "sorry baby I got home early and you weren't here I was seeing where you were." for the first time since we ere in Dr brenans office Malik looks at me.

"sorry mama Im um I'm with Aiko she had an appointment and she didn't want to go alone so I went with her." there was a silence. "oh did you get to see the baby." An excited voice says. "um know if was more like a check up thing." there was rustling in the background.

"sorry I'm trying to talk to you and unpack grocerys at the same time I'm gonna have to call you back after I'm finished or ill talk to you when you get home." She sounded apologetic. "that's OK ma I'm just dropping Aiko back at the school then I'll be on my way home aight." more rustling was heard. "mhm bye baby." Malik mumbles a goodbye before hanging up and silence fills the air again.

"that was My mom." he mumbles. "you'll prbably meet her soon shes been desperate to meet you and the um the baby." somethings definitely wrong he normally says our baby. I moments away from breaking down and I feek sick to my stomach bile and vomit threatening to come up my head dizzy and ready to black out any moment. My body feels extremely weak as realisation dawns on my as he parks into the parking lot that it's not just me who might lose a baby but Malik too and it's my fault.

He doesnt deserve this not one bit not at all.