CHAPTER 1

First day of school

Monday October 25th first day of junior year at a new school and I'm basically shaking in my boots but really I'm In bed slapping my hand against my alarm clock aimlessly "AIKO

Monday October 25th first day of junior year at a new school and I'm basically shaking in my boots but really I'm In bed slapping my hand against my alarm clock aimlessly "AIKO." i heard my early bird of my father yell from down the hall. I let out a groan throwing my fluffy alarm clock at my door hearing a quiet thug before it dropped on my wooden floor.

I grip onto my cover slamming if over my head the dark engulfing me."爱子不去,起将就学." (Aiko don't go throwing stuff get up and ready for school) I let out a silent cry before dragging myself limb to limb out of bed.

With a loud thud my body drops onto the floor leaving me on my hands and knees. The cold takes over leaving goosebumps all over my skin as I crawl out of my room and down the hallway until I met a pair of worn in black slippers.

"Aiko get off the floor what are you doing your not a cat." my dad's says his English botched. I was lucky enough that my parents moved me to the US when I was 3 years old and I was raised mostly around American kids so I was able to adapt to the English language and develop an American accent whereas my dad was basically on house arrest from the moment he married my mother.

When we moved to the US my mothers crazy self made her and my dad adapt so that they didn't have to leave the house like ever they maybe left once or twice a week not enough to adapt to the English language or develop an American accent leaving my dad with a strong accent even after living in the US for 9 years and knowing little to none grammatically correct English.

"sorry dad." i say getting up my equilibrium way off sending me into the nearest wall I lean on it for support as I carry on my journey to the bathroom. I shower and wash my hair before getting out and brushing my teeth and washing my face. I blow-dry my hair using the brush/hairdryer I put it in a slick back pony tail leaving a few strands out.

I put on a little mascara to make my little to none eyelashes prominent I also put some concealer and lip gloss on. I decided to put on my clear glasses that were a bit to big for my face instead of contacts in. I put on my outfit.

I dress it down with a long pink cardigan an my airforce ones I also put on long nike socks crushing and bunching them downs so they showed a little over my shoes

I look at myself in the full body mirror and let out a big sigh I hate being new because the new girl Is always the centre of attention well In my books anyways. I run downstair going into the kitchen and grabbing a slice of bacon before grabbing my bag that was full with the books school made me buy.

I say a quick by to my dad before heading out the door and to my nearest book stop where I sat reading waiting for the bus for twenty minutes. When it arrived I got on giving the driver the most awkward anxiety filled smile before heading down the aisle with my head down low until I found an empty row. I sit on it near the window and start reading again avoiding all eye contact with anyone.

I put my book in my bag when the bus pulled up. The school was already ram packed with students and school didn't officially start for ten minutes. I walk into school my pink tote back hanging off my shoulder. With no clue of mf where about I just start walking straight until I reached the option of left and right so I took right and there it was the principals office with 6 chairs lined up in groups of 3 outside of it. With no one there I knocked on the door and it opened.

"Miss Shu I was waiting for your arrival come in come in welcome to East Valley High." he says as I walk into the office taking a seat next to another girl she was dark skinned and beautiful she looked curvy and her curls were luscious. I give her a little smile and she gives me a wide one back.

"I have a meeting in 5 so let's make this quick shall we" the bald principle smiles so I nod "that Is Alisha Booker she is going to be you guide for the first few days take you to your lessons and show you around and such. And this is your locker number and pin which Alisha will show you straight away and yeah welcome sorry for the short introduction." i shake my head.

"it's ok." i say quietly before both me and Alisha stand up as soon as we get out she starts talking. "OK listen there a 6 floors to the school and it's pretty easy to her around she says as we make our way to my locker."

I put In the pin and it opens with ease. I put my bag in before closing and locking it. "OK so your good with your locker remember that pin. This is the ground floor where all the lockers are placed right side is the freshman and sophomore they are purple and left side is junior and senior which a yellow if you go straight down and right is the principal office and a little past it is the bathrooms and to the left is the gym hall and cafeteria and also the library."

She says as we roam around the school."upstairs is block A it's pretty simple it's all the classrooms and there labelled pretty normal A.2 A.3 ect the odd numbers so 1 3 4 7 are on the left of the corridors and the evens are on the right and at the very end before the stairs are the bathroom. And the rest of the school is basically built like that so if you go upstairs after Block A it's block B which is built the same and ext."

I nod absorbing all the Info."your first class is obviously home room in B.3 would you like me to walk your there or are you fine based on my info." She says with a polite smile. "I'll be OK from now on that k you alisha." she nods.

"be quick because your already late." She says and I give her a grateful smile before heading to the stairs going straight from the ground floor to Block B. Looking at the right side I found B. 3 I take a deep breath In I open the door and walk in all eyes on me.

"you must be our newest student." i nod before looking down. "guys this is our new student she's a junior her name is Aiko Shu." she says and people snicker at me last name so not uncommon but Ignore the hurt expression on my face. The teacher also said my name wrong she pronounced it ay-koh not i-koh "um miss you pronounce It i-koh" the teacher gasps dramatically.

"I am so sorry. Um take a seat anywhere" I walk to the back taking a seat next to a boy I take a quick glance at him before looking at the teacher as she explains a bunch of crap I don't listen too.