CHAPTER 7

Telling her dad

Its been 2 weeks since I found out I was pregnant I went to the doctors who confirmed I was pregnant I'm now 7 weeks along and I'm still the only person who knows

It was Sunday evening me and my dad was sitting on the table in comfortable silence as we ate our kimchi and rice kimchi is traditionally Korean but that doesn't stop us from loving and adoring it.

"如何包子" (what's wrong bun.) my dad asks. "hm nothing." i say using my chop stick to play with my kimchi. "no lie" he says and I look at him and he looked serious. "you not like food I go make dim sum." he says going to get up.

"no papa sit stay." i say waving my chopstick around. He hesitates but sits down. "tell me." he says his eyes softening. "吾不喜悲包子" (I don't like sad bun.) he says snapping his chopstick at my nose causing me to smile and scrunch it causing my dad to smile. "papa I'm scared." i say sighing. "of what." he asks.

"your 反应" (reaction.) he just looks at me. "papa I had sex." i say and he again just stares at me. "ok" he shrugs. "that's it" I ask and he nods. "包子子之 17 ,其必有焉 " (bun your 17 it was bound to happen.) i smile at my dad's reaction he's always been supportive but the real problem hits me.

"papa I'm sorry I failed you." he looks at me confused. "why." he asks. "papa I'm pregnant." he looks at me confused. "baby papa I'm having baby." he freezes. "何爱子何不安呵呵?" (why Aiko why not be safe.) he says not angry more disappointed tears flow out my eyes.

"papa I'm sorry." his face drops. "no no no Aiko no cry no cry." he says reaching over the table and wiping my tears. "no cry." he repeats. "如何哭,令我感觉不好如君欲生子,有钱与空间 莫忧好包子,吾于此为汝事 " (why go cry and make me feel bad if you want the baby we have the money and space for it don't worry OK bun I'm here for you.)

He says wiping the rest of my tears keeping his hand on my cheeks rubbing it with his thumb before pulling it away."i love you papa." he smiles at me his mouth full of kimchi

"who's the dad." he asks. "一个上学的男儿" (a boy from school.) i say twiddling my fingers around eachother. "其知之乎?" (does he know) I shake my head. "he will just not now." he nods. "do you love him." i freeze.

I don't want to tell my dad that I don't know him my dad's all about having a family with the one you love his marriage may not have worked but he loved my mother no matter how crazy she got. I shrug. "i don't know papa." he just nods.

"name." something I also don't know. "papa this kimchi is good." he smiles at me and I smile back. "how big baby." My hand flys to the bottoms of my stomach. "7周至今" (7 weeks along now papa)

"you happy." i shrug I honestly don't know if I'm happy about this I'm young really young I still don't know what I'm doing but I keep thinking about it like I'm keeping it.

I know abortion is an option and it's ok to have an abortion if your not ready or in a bad situation but I don't know the father doesn't even know. But I have school and a baby can't be in the plan for this the end of junior year is in 9 months for me so I'll have the baby a bit before or during the 11 week break but then I'm a senior and a mom and that's gonna be really hard.

"我想我现在要睡了 " (papa I think I'm going to go to bed now.) he nods. "goodnight." he says as I stand up and kiss his cheek. "night papa." i say with a tiny smile as I go upstairs and into my room. I tie my hair up take my contacts our and put my pj's on.

I go into the bathroom brushing my teeth and taking off my makeup

I go into the bathroom brushing my teeth and taking off my makeup. I go back into my room setting my annoying clock for 6:30 and getting into bed. Tomorrow is gonna be a big day I'm going to have to tell the father that I'm pregnant because if I do get an abortion I want it to be as early as possible because the longer I wait the older the baby gets and the older the baby gets the guiltier I will feel.

I lay down turning my lamp off and closing my eyes. When I woke up it took me a while for realisation to dawn on me Im going to have to talk to the man who took my virginity for the first time and tell him that I'm pregnant.

I don't know this guy or his personality so I have no clue on how he is going to react and it's making me nausea. Oh wait no... Yup I'm going to throw up. I get out a bed rushing to the bathroom and throwing my guts up. OK so either I'm really nervous or I'm dead ass have morning sickness right now.

I wipe my mouth getting up and going in the shower.

Today is gonna be one fucked up day.