CHAPTER 2

Blended into the shadows

Its only second period and I already feel like jumping off a bridge everyone was looking at me all through out homeroom and all I wanted to do was crawl under the table and rock myself back and forth and travelling to humanities was even worse all...

Its only second period and I already feel like jumping off a bridge everyone was looking at me all through out homeroom and all I wanted to do was crawl under the table and rock myself back and forth and travelling to humanities was even worse all I wanted to do was blend into the shadows but everyone kept staring and whispering and worst part is there is not a sing Asian girl in any of my classes so far but judging by the look on these people's faces like I'm an alien from out of space I don't think there is an Asian girl in a hundred mile radius.

I grab a seat at the furthest desk that was free slouching as far down my chair as possible. The girl from earlier who gave me a tour I think her name was alisha sat next to me she glances at me before doing a double glance laughing at me. "Aiko right." jeez I saw her like 2 hours ago am I really that forgettable.

I nod because she sounded sweet with no bad intentions. "well Aiko you might as well be sitting on the floor." she says and I slowly inch by in rise up in my seat until was in am. Imperfect 90 degrees angle.

"right settle down please class today we're learning about the cause of world war 2 and at the ended of the lesson we would be able to answer the question: to what extent do you agree that world war 2 was caused because of the harsh treatment of the treaty of versaille towards Germany."

Are you kidding me I did this all already great. I lay my head on the desk doodling the my note pad.

______________

"MISS SHU" I hear my brain not clocking that someone was calling me. "MISS SHU" my head snaps up the rest of the class laughing at me. "he name sounds like miss you sadly no one has said it to her tho." the class says and right about now is when the new girl runs out the class tripping over herself trying to reach the bathroom in time so she can cry in peace.

But sadly I'm not that new girl Although I'm contemplating doing exactly that. I gulp down the lump growing in my throat. "I'm sorry." i say wiping the drool off my face. "how do you say that in Japanese" the boy asks before pulling at the creases of his eyes stretching them and mocking my language making the class erupt in laughter.

The teacher slams the book on the desk making the whole class go quiet. "ENOUGH... I DONT KNOW WHAT WENT THROUGH YOUR RIGHT MIND MR KOUR BUT THAT' IS NOT TOLERATED IN THIS SCHOOL AND I WONT HESITATE TO GET YOU EXPELLED DO YOU UNDERSTAND FOR NOW YOU HAVE 3 WEEKS OF DETENTION AND IF I SEE ANY OF YOU PASSING THIS ROUND OR THINKING THIS IS FUNNY I WILL HER YOUR EXPELLED AS WELL AND IF YOU CARRY ON LAUGHING AT JOKES LIKE THIS ILL MAKE SURE YOU GET INTO TROUBLE TO BECAUSE NOT ONLY IS IT A HATE CRIME IT'S ALSO NOT A WAY TO WELCOME SOMEONE INTO OUR SCHOOL."

the class doesn't say anything and my teachers face relaxes."now miss shu seeing as you think it's ok to fall asleep in my class answer the question of the lesson and if you can't do that you'll get a detention."

Oh please please don't go light on me expel me from the f-ed up school please.

"i think that the cause of ww1 was definitely because of the treaty of versaille because the treaty was so harsh on Germany by making them pay 6.6 billion in reparation plus decreasing the size of there army to only a few thousand men this meant that Germany wouldn't be able to defend themselves against attackers because of the amount of men would be highly out numbered and because of the reparations it led to hyperinflation and to Germany to become angry and weak making them stuck with a leader like Hitler and we all know what Hitler did."

I said leaning back on my chair."miss shu how old are you." My teacher said stunned. "17" she nods. "So you haven't repeated a year how do you know all this information this is the first lesson on the world war we haven't learnt about all that yet." i shrug. "i guess my old school was just really ahead then." i say. This school was still learning about the treaty of the versaille where as my old school was on Nazi Germany and the reichstag (the German government.)

The bell rings and I was the first one out of that classroom. I rush to the lunch hall sitting on the table at the far back my head down and my earphones in. Well until someone snatches them out. I look up to see alisha with a smile on her face and her food tray in her hand. "hey." i smile at her. "i just want to let you know there's a party this weekend halloween themed of course you should come I sent you the address."

"um how do you have my number" I say checking my phone and seeing a message from an unknown number. "the principal of course he's known my mom since they were both in high school he's also the school coach and he coaches my brother and his bestfriends in football."

I nod so she knows the popular people great exactly what I want definitely didn't just want to be the unknown girl that nobody talked to or wanted to get to know."oh ok."she looks at me with excitement written on her forehead."so will you come."

Oh that's why she was staring at me like my head was made of gold. "oh... Oh no probably not." disappointment floods her face. "come on please go for me for meeeee I didn't bribe to principal for no reason." shes really not gonna leave me alone is she. "OK ok I'll ask my dad he'll probably say not but-" She stands up. "OK great bye" she says running off to a long table of students who she talks to before they all look my direction great not even gonna hide the fact that there looking.

That girl is way to bubbly for me.