CHAPTER 25

Working 9-5

I got ready for work quickly by shoving my hair in a bun putting my outfit on with some basic all black boots

My dad drops me off to work before going to his own job. I clock in putting on my waist apron that covers my waist down perfect to cover my stomach.

I clear all the tables I need to before washing them and drying them so everything was ready for rush hour lunch time. Around lunch time it got busy and I have already served over 18 tables and got over 300 dollar tip because the sweet old women that realised I was pregnant gave me extra.

"Aiko love huge table just came in on your side if you don't want to take it I can do it I really dont want to work you so hard." My sweet British boss says giving me a smile here's only 3 years older then me and is already running a successful diner thanks to his father building this place from the ground up.

"it's ok Xavier thank you though." he gives me a smile which I reciprocate before heading out of the kitchen and towards my area looking down I reach to the table.

"hi I'm Aiko I'll be your waiter for today anything i can get for you right now-" i look up to see the whole the football team and cheerleaders. My eyes lock on Malik as his lap was occupied by tia my heart shatters. It's not that I'm jealous it's more that he's been blowing me off leaving me pregnant by myself struggling with my anorexia and keeping this baby alive and he's here just with some blonde bitch it's upsetting.

I clear my throat "what drinks would you like to get." i take their orders until it got to tia. She clings further onto Malik. "um I'll have a water." she says with a smirk and I just blink back the tears. As if my manager could sense my emotions he comes up to us placing his hand on my shoulder.

"you OK Aiko." i smile at him and nod. He wipes the water away from under my eyes before whispering in my ear. "just call me if you need anything." i nod before he pulls away from my ear. He leaves lingering his touch longer then necessary. I look back at Malik to take his order my boss leaving a smile on my face. His hands were in fists his eyebrows drawn together and unpleasant look over anger etched on his face.

"I'm guessing a coke for you Malik." he doesn't respond so I write down a coke but when I go to leave he grabs my hand. "i need to talk to you." he says anger laced in his voice. Looking around his table to see them all staring at the scene Malik had has caused. "I'm working." i mumble pulling my hand from his.

"well I need to talk to you Aiko so..."
"well not right now Malik you had as many opportunities as you wanted to talk to me I haven't heard from you in 3 months but now all of a sudden you need to talk well for fuck sake Malik for once in your life wait." i whisper yell snapping at him.

His table falling silent embarrassment and nausea washes over me and the look and Maliks face fills me with regret. I swallow back the lump in my throat and I walk away and to the kitchen.

Once I buck up tie courage I walk back to the table with the drinks as I see kitty taking there orders. I start handing them the drinks as kitty starts talking to be gaining the tables attention. "so you and Mr. Benson huh." she nudges me.

I make a confused look as I continue giving them the drinks. "who."
"our boss." realisation crosses me. "oh xavier."
"you call him xavier."
"well duh don't you."
"know the last person who called him xavier got fired." i freeze no that can't be right. I put down the drink. "your fucking him aren't you your fucking our boss." she gasps and I grow red.

"shut up no I'm not." i look at the table Infront of me all eyes on me including both Alisha and Malik. "kitty we are literally Infront if customers" I say handing I think jordan his drink. "they literally go to our school it don't matter and the fact that your not responding means you are it's ok if you are he's rich and hella fucking handsome."

I look over at xavier who was already looking at me. "i could never date Xavier he's cute but no" i say shaking my head. I look back at xavier and he looked ready to kill not something I want to see.

"if you don't want him I'll have him." i look at her with disgust "he 20 years old kitkat about 4 years to old for you." she scoffs "says who"
"says the law which says that a 16 year old highschool student shouldn't date a 20 year old no matter how rich or hot they are because it's fucking pedophilia." i hand Alisha her drink the last one on my tray.

I feel a warm arm wrap around my neck. "you too taking about me." he smirks at me and I smile. "nope your egos big enough." i joke and he laughs. Turning to kitty who stared at him in pure aw. "don't you have other tables to serve." he scowls at her making her scurry away. "and shouldn't you be on break." he ask his deep green eyes locked on my brown ones.

"not for another 10." i say pulling the ring off his finger and fiddling with it. "well I just put your fave in the oven so to bad your going on break now." he smiles at me and I give him a smile back. He gives me a quick peck on my head shocking me before walking away leaving me with his ring in my hand.

I look over at kitty and she gives me the I told you so stare. My cheeks grow red as I slide his ring  on my thumb the only finger it fits on. I put a pile of straws on the table staring at Malik one more time before walking to the back to grab my stuff.

Maybe he does like me after all