River (Part Two)

It was one of the worst nights he's ever had.

Jungkook woke up in a cold sweat, heart racing. The dream was the same as always, and yet at the last second it took a turn for the worse. He tried to wake up, but he couldn't wake up. When he finally jolted himself awake, he was far past shaken.

He needed to get out. The four walls of his bedroom seemed to be closing in, and everything in his chest felt like it was failing. He got out of bed, trying to control his breath as he got dressed.

As he got his shirt on, the trembling got worse. It had started the second he woke up, but it has amplified to the point he felt like an earthquake rumbled inside him. He opened his door and managed to make his way down the hallway.

As he reaches the front door he has to pause, taking a deep breath. He steadies himself on the side table, and reaches for his keys.

"Jungkook?"

Just as fast as Jungkook grabs the keys, they leave his grasp, falling to the ground with a loud crash. Before he could even start to bend down, Jimin's already there, reaching for them. He picks up the keys, standing to look at the taller.

"Why are you awake?" Jimin furrows his eyebrows. "It's 2am."

"I could ask you the same thing," His voice was breathy and shaky.

"I don't know...I just naturally woke up a couple minutes ago," He answers. "Then I heard you and came to see what was going on. Where are you going?"

"I-I just need to get out," Jungkook tries to take a deep breath. "This happens sometimes, I'm okay."

"Bullshit," Jimin clutches the keys tighter. "Let me grab a jacket, I'm coming with you."

"No, you don't-"

"I'm not letting you drive like this. Stay here," He leaves and returns with a jacket, and Jungkook just stands there, shaking like a leaf. There's nowhere he can really go without the keys to his car.

"Where are we going?" Jimin, now with a coat over his pajamas, and a jacket for Jungkook—who was only wearing a t-shirt—shoved on his shoes.

Jungkook can't even argue, finding it difficult to speak. "W-where we met, the campsite."

"Got it," He moved with purpose. In fact, in the two months Jungkook knew him, he had never been this determined. Jimin grabbed Jungkook, pulling him so he could wrap an arm around his lower back, and they walked together to the parking garage.

They drove in almost complete silence, but Jimin's presence alone was a comfort. He wasn't suffering all by himself, and that helped, just a bit. Jimin was now one of his closest friends. Now that many of Jimin's worries were gone, Jungkook began to find out who exactly Jimin was as a person. He was sweet, and caring, and selfless, and just overall good. He knew Jimin feared he would have a hard time being a good person, but it came to him effortlessly.

If Jungkook was honest, there was no other person he'd rather be with in this bout of panic.

After an agonizing time in the moving metal box, they finally reach the campsite. Jungkook shows him where to park, and they hop out. Jungkook barely makes out he wants to go across the bridge, walking to the spot they met.

Jungkook kind of collapsed on the bank, sitting on the rocks, trying to take deep breaths. Jimin sits next to him quickly, watching.

"You're okay," He comforts, hesitantly reaching up to rub Jungkook's back. When the younger leans into his touch, he continues, surer. "Breathe with me, okay? In for four."

Jikook Oneshots 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara