Servants

Jimin walks off the ship, a large suitcase in his hands. The ride to Zerion was easy enough, stormy weather not a problem in the least bit. He was just happy to be on land.

He loaded the suitcase onto a nearby carriage. "For the prince," He tells the driver. He carries his own bag on his back—small in comparison. All he needed was a change of clothes to sleep in, and basic hygienic tools. Anything else he might need would be supplied for him at the palace.

Jimin was the personal servant of Prince Namjoon of Rahasa, a thriving country in the North. The prince was very kind to him, and while their relationship was quite professional, Jimin did see him as a friend of sorts, and they talked like friends when alone.

But right now, they didn't talk. In the public eye, he was meant to be invisible, not to speak unless spoken to. Instead, he watched Prince Namjoon walk off the ship, finally coming down once everything was in place for him. Namjoon gets in the carriage first, then Jimin follows him. He needs to make sure he's ready by his side any second the prince might need him.

"How was the trip for you, your majesty?"

"Call me Namjoon," The prince smiles, dimples poking out. "We're alone."

Jimin can't help but chuckle. "Fine then. How was the trip, Namjoon?"

"It was good, the waves kept at bay," Namjoon nods. "I heard the only one who got seasick was the pregnant chef. Did you end up checking on her for me?"

Jimin beams. Namjoon had such a kind heart. "Yes, and she's doing fine. She won't leave this ship for anything, you know. She loves her job."

"Good," He nods once again. "It's so nice for Prince Taehyung to let us come and stay a week early."

"Well, you two are close," Jimin reminds.

"He's one of my closest friends," Namjoon confirms. "Since we're staying so long though, I've decided to give you Thursday off, so you can explore the country a bit. We go to so many places for so little time. I always feel bad you never get to see any of it."

"It's my job, Namjoon," Jimin assures. "And a good one at that. I'm happy to serve you. If not for you, I wouldn't be seeing the world at all."

"Still," he cocks his head to the side. "I want to give you something. So I won't be needing you Thursday."

"...Well, okay, since you insist...Wow," Jimin's eyes light up. "Thank you so much."

"You've been my loyal servant for years," Namjoon remarks. "It's the least I can do."

They continue down the road, making their way to the castle. The palace gates open as they approach, letting them onto the grounds. The carriage circles around the long driveway, stopping at the front entrance. Jimin steps out, waiting for the tall prince to walk out as well.

He does so regally, and Jimin bows. Once he's walked past, Jimin stands up. He grabs Namjoon's suitcase, and follows him a couple paces behind, keeping a reasonable amount of distance between them.

The prince of Zerion was waiting for them at the entrance. "Namjoon," He grins, coming towards him to shake his hand. "How are you?"

"I'm doing just fine," Namjoon mirrors the look. "It's so good to see you again."

"I'm so glad you reached out to me," Prince Taehyung shrugs. "You're one of my closest friends, of course I'm going to let you stay."

"The ball is going to be amazing," Namjoon complements. "I'm so excited for it."

"Well, we're going to have a week of fun leading up to it as well, so get ready," Taehyung's smile is big and boxy. "But for now, that suitcase looks heavy," He looks at Jimin. "I have my personal servant to show you around. Why don't you go off with him?"