Grudge (Continuation to Rebound)

"And about an hour and a half from here is a tulip garden. They just have fields upon fields of tulips!"

"Aw, we have to go!" Jimin beams. "Reminds me of our first date."

"That's what I was thinking," Jungkook's voice is warm as he and Jimin walk down the street. "We should go back there soon."

"I miss the koi fish," Jimin sighs. "I was so out of it on our first date. I'd love to do a make-up."

"If you want to, we should. For the record though, our first date was so amazing for me," The taller shrugs. "You were so cute, and so kind, and a bit shy, but that's okay. I went home and texted Namjoon for like two hours. He told me to shut up."

"Namjoon?" His eyes widen. "But he's so sweet!"

"I guess I'm annoying when I'm in love," Jungkook pokes Jimin's side with a smile, face going towards his cheek.

Jimin giggles. "What one man calls annoying, another man calls the best thing that's ever happened to him. Your wonderful love saved me."

"Oh shush," Jungkook scolds. "You know I don't like it when you say that. We've talked about this. I helped you realize you were worth it. You always were, even when I wasn't here to say so."

"Aw-"

"Jimin?"

Said male's blood runs cold. He knows that voice. It's been years...but he knows it like the back of his hand.

They make eye-contact. "C-Cody?"

"Cody?" Jungkook repeats, looking between his husband and the man he's heard too much about. He makes eye-contact with Jimin, and he just knows. Jungkook's eyes go darker than Jimin has ever seen them go.

"Yes, Jimin and I were um..." Cody thinks. "Friends in college."

That makes Jimin roll his eyes, crossing his arms. "Oh sure. We dated for two years Cody, but you were never my friend."

"I-it's so good to see you," Cody's voice is disgustingly sweet. "I...I've missed you. I would've talked to you sooner, but I had no way to get a hold of you. Your friends told me you changed your number..."

"Are you kidding me!? It's been three years since I saw you!" Jimin yells. "You were inside another person when I saw you last! You can't just say that as if we just 'lost touch'!"

"Jimin, I've been a wreck since I lost you," He whines. "You just disappeared. You were the best thing I've ever had in my life. Baby, I still love you, I've been hoping and praying I'd run into you one of these days. Let's try again...come back."

"Oh, Sweetheart, did you hurt your hand?" Jungkook dives for Jimin's left hand with his own, examining it. Jimin just lets him do it. He's on the brink of crying, and he's even a little bit scared. He's been going to therapy for a long while now, to combat the events of those two years, because that relationship destroyed his self-worth, and he was getting better. But now all the memories were coming back, and he was panicking.

Jungkook slowly turns their hands in front of his face, emphasizing the rings they both had on their fingers. Maye it was petty, but Jungkook was more angry than he's ever been.

"Huh, seems I was mistaken," He shrugs, letting him go only for his hand to occupy the small of Jimin's back.

"Jimin, you're married?" Cody gapes. "It's only been a few fucking years! What happened?"

"Obviously in hindsight you meant little to me, because I think I met him...two days after we broke up?" Jimin lies through his teeth about the reasoning, but he just wants Cody to suffer like he once did at the hand of this terrible man. He knows it's not right, he knows he should be the bigger person, but...fuck the past hurts. "Thought he was cute, asked him out. It hadn't even been a week since we broke up that he and I had our first date. I honestly had forgotten you existed after a while."