Mine

It was eleven months ago. A new student walked in at the start of fall quarter, dark hair, dark clothes, sitting next to Jimin. He didn't speak, he barely even looked at the shorter.

Jimin studied him before he ever spoke to him. He had three piercings on one ear, four on another, including a cartilage piercing. He hadn't put his gauges in at that point, so all of the holes in his ears were small. As well as the earrings, he had an eyebrow piercing, and a nose stud that sat right above his left nostril. His eyeliner made the whites of his eyes pop, which in turn highlighted the chocolatey brown irises. Tattoos splashed around his arms, one unfinished, waiting for another session to complete.

The smaller thought he was really cool at that moment.

"Hey, your piercings are cool," Is the first thing Jimin ever says to him. He remembers it like it was yesterday.

They made eye-contact for the first time right after, but the taller quickly darted his eyes away. "Thanks," His voice is calm, reserved, albeit slightly awkward. "They make me happy."

"I'm Jimin," He introduces himself. "What's your name?"

"Jungkook," The man smiles a small smile.

And that's where it all began.

When they were assigned a project that had to do with a partner, Jimin immediately asked Jungkook. The taller looked extremely surprised, eyes going wide.

"It's just..." He hesitates. "People usually never pick me. I was just going to wait until the professor called me up and paired me with someone random."

"Well I pick you," Jimin smiles. "I hope that's okay."

"Yeah," Jungkook smiles down at the table, like he can't help it. "It's more than okay."

From that moment on a friendship blossomed. Jungkook was always really punctual, showing up to Jimin's apartment at exactly 4pm every single time they worked on their project. It surprised the smaller, but of course he didn't mind at all.

Jimin quickly learned that despite Jungkook's intimidating appearance, he was extremely gentle. He wasn't amazing at eye-contact, rather his eyes darted around, or stared at the ground with stars in his eyes when he spoke about something he loved. He grew up in a small town in Washington State, but went to school a few towns over to accommodate certain needs of his and his family's

Jungkook loved all types of music, that was his thing. He collected all sorts of vinyls, of cassettes, of CDs. From heavy metal to classical, he pretty much loved it all. Jimin soon learned that Jungkook was able to find something specific he enjoyed in every genre, he studied patterns and dissected songs with layers of sounds. It was beautiful.

Once, when Jimin and Jungkook were hanging out together, an unexpected thunderstorm broke out. Jungkook immediately started freaking out, once again surprising Jimin. He could hardly be consoled, only asking Jimin to find headphones, over and over again. Concerned for him, Jimin ran around, finally finding a pair in his roommate's bedroom after the younger had said no to earbuds.

He ran into Jimin's room, scrambling into the closet and sitting in the corner, his knees curled up to his chest. Jimin later learned that he had a traumatic experience with thunder and lightning in a forest, but he didn't know that at this moment. He only followed him, worried. Jungkook stares up at him.

"Hold me," He whimpers.

"O-oh," Jimin's eyes widen softly. "Okay."

He crawls into the closet with Jungkook, the room dark, the flashes of lighting going away as Jimin closes the closet door. Jungkook grabbed his arm, pulling him down faster. Jimin hugs him, the tighter his hold, the calmer he feels Jungkook getting. He learned at this moment that Jungkook really liked being held.