Move

Jimin grunted as he lifted another box. He was so excited, in a new house bigger than anything he ever thought he'd be able to afford. He was ready for this new life...

But anyone who said that moving was hard was completely underexaggerating.

Jimin was already an hour into unloading the moving truck, but he had barely made a dent. There were so many boxes, and he still had his bed frame on the way. He still has furniture to buy, he still has the town to explore, to find essentials. There was just so much to do.

The boy sets the box down in his house, only to go back out, and get another one. He felt like a worker ant, just back and forth, mindless. Jimin was extremely happy he made this decision, but he still wanted to get the moving part over with.

"Oh, the house finally sold!"

The voice startled Jimin, and he jumped. He looked over to see a man around his age, standing at the edge of the front yard. Jimin gulped. This man was extremely attractive. Nothing he thought he'd find moving here.

"Uh, y-yeah it did," Jimin nodded. "I bought it."

"Well, isn't that nice," The man's smile was kind. "I finally have a new neighbor."

"You do," Jimin nods.

"My name is Jungkook," He extends his hand. "Born and raised in this town. You are?"

"Uh, Jimin," He shakes it. "From LA."

"Los Angelos?" Jungkook exclaims. "That's crazy! Then why would you want to move here?"

"It was all too much," Jimin shrugged, now leaving on the moving truck. "Too loud, too crowded. Everyone there is fake, there's always some persona they have on. I couldn't do it anymore. So I Googled the state with the smallest population, and here I am."

"I'm pretty sure Wyoming has less people than LA alone," Jungkook tells him.

"Yeah, you guys have about an eight of the people in this state, than in that tiny city," Jimin confirms. "There are more cows than people here!"

"We do have a lot of cows," Jungkook beams. It was really cute. "In fact, there's a farm just up the road. They're all really friendly, walk right up to the fence so you can pet their noses."

"Really?" Jimin's eyes brightened. It's been a long time since he's met someone this friendly. He really enjoyed this simple interaction with this really handsome dude.

"Yeah," Jungkook told him. "I live right next door to you. Just knock on my door anytime you wanna see them."

"Oh, thank you," Jimin picks up another box, seeing that their conversation ended.

"Don't worry about it," Jungkook waves a hand. With that, Jimin walks away, but Jungkook follows. "So...are you moving by yourself?"

"I am," Jimin walks into his house.

"No girlfriend?" Jungkook continues to follow him around.

That caught Jimin's attention. "Nope, no girlfriend. Do you live with yours?"

"I don't have a girlfriend either."

"No boyfriend?" Jimin asks, trying to feel out this man.

"Oh, that's right, all you LA folk are really open about the gay community," Jungkook scratches the back of his head. "No boyfriend either. But...well, can you keep a secret?"

"Oh, sure," His eyes widened, surprised he already trusted him. "Of course."

"Truth be told, and, I'm only telling you this because of where you from, I'm gay," He admits. "And I've never met another gay person in my life, so definitely no boyfriend."