Plane

"Section B is now boarding. Section B now boarding flight 613."

Jimin's head darts up from his phone. It was time to go! His two-week trip to Norway was amazing, his research had paid off. He saw everything he wanted, ate all the foods he was excited about. He even was able to get around on what little Norwegian he knew, though sometimes he had to resort to English.

But now he was on his way home. To a boring job...and little family...and few friends. Jimin sighs as he walks down the walkway to the plane. Why did vacations have to end?

He moves down the aisle, until he finds row 13 on his left. Jimin doesn't have any bag to put overhead, so he just sits down in the seat closest to the isle. He bought the aisle seat specifically, he was the most comfortable here. After all, he wouldn't have to step over anyone.

Before long, the seats around him filled up. The window seat closest to him was taken by an older man, who was probably Norwegian by the looks of it. Jimin didn't really turn to look at him besides the awkward, polite words as the man scoot past.

Jimin checked his phone for the time. The flight would be leaving any minute now, and the middle seat between him and the older man was empty. Hey, more room! He couldn't complain.

However, two minutes after the scheduled flight time, a Korean man near Jimin's age rushes down the aisle. Sure enough, his seat was right next to Jimin. Oh well, he was expecting this anyways.

Once again, an essentially silent interaction was had. Then they all sit, and wait for the flight to start. It didn't take long at all, in fact, less than a minute passed after the man sat, that the door to the plane closed, and the flight attendants began the safety procedures.

All table trays were up, all carry-ons stowed away until they reached the desired altitude. Jimin was vaguely familiar with this procedure, he had traveled just enough to know. So even Jimin's phone was away, on airplane mode in the mesh pocket in front of him.

Before long, Jimin felt the airplane begin its journey. Down the runway they rolled, picking up speed until they were fast enough to take to the sky. Gravity pushed Jimin to the back of his seat, as they went upwards.

Finally they reached the desired level in the sky. The seatbelt light above the passengers turned off, and they were given permission to take out their bags and electronic devices. Jimin simply reaches for his phone. Perhaps later he'd pull out his laptop, or possibly even his Nintendo Switch, but for now he was content with his mobile device.

The man next to him on the other hand, did take out his laptop. It was then that something caught Jimin's eye. On the laptop, was a sticker shaped like an anatomical heart. Within the shape, was vertical lines, each a color of the rainbow.

Jimin knew what that meant.

Excitedly, he points, though his voice stayed at a respectful low volume. "Hey, I like your sticker."

He looks up, and they make eye-contact. And...wow. How did Jimin not notice how pretty this guy was? They had made eye-contact once before, but Jimin's mind obviously wasn't working properly. This dude was hot.

"Thanks," He smiles a small smile. "I'm gay."

"Yeah, I kind of guessed," Jimin huffed out a laugh.

"And you?"

"Huh? Oh," Jimin huffed out a laugh. "I'm gay too. Sorry. I'm just not really used to saying that. I'm definitely not used to openly gay people."

"Really?" The man gives him a bit of a look. "No friends? No dates?"