Confusion

Jungkook noticed it a little while ago. The little glances, the shy smiles. It was just like right before they started dating all over again. Jungkook was sure he knew what this meant.

Jimin was going to propose.

He was just being so painfully obvious. He acted softer with Jungkook, little touches, the way he spoke. Jungkook found himself getting excited. He found himself being shy and soft around him too.

It made sense to him, their anniversary was just a few months away when Jungkook first noticed it. Now it was just two weeks away, and the two had been as loving as when they first started dating almost two years ago.

Jungkook couldn't wait for their anniversary, he wondered how Jimin would propose. It didn't really matter, Jungkook would say yes no matter what. He loved Jimin, he wanted to spend his entire life with him. He didn't need marriage for that to happen, but he'd really like it.

"Do we want to go to a restaurant for our anniversary?" Jimin, who was cuddled into the taller's side, looks up at him. "Or something else?"

"What do you want?" Jungkook asks instead.

"Whatever makes you happy," Jimin pecked his lips. "Whatever sounds the best."

Jungkook's heart swelled. Jimin really wanted to make the night perfect for him. He loved the older so much. "Well then a restaurant sounds great. We always order in, it would be a nice change."

"Perfect," Jimin grabs his laptop from the coffee table. "Unless you have a place in mind, let's look up a restaurant and book it together."

"That sounds good, let's find a place," Jungkook beams.

He could hardly wait.

*

"The food is so good," Jimin smiled. "We picked the right place."

"I agree," Jungkook reached across the table to grab his boyfriend's hand. "Happy Anniversary Baby."

"Happy Anniversary Kook," Jimin's eyes were warm. "I love you."

"I love you too," Jungkook mirrored his expression.

Jimin hadn't said anything yet. Jungkook was getting antsy. He couldn't wait, he knew it'd be tonight, he just wished it would happen already. Maybe Jimin was gonna wait until they finished eating. His right leg bounced under the table in anticipation.

"Ugh, I'm getting full," Jimin puts his fork down. "Do you wanna wrap things up and take our food to go? Or do you want to get dessert or something?"

"I'm pretty full too," Jungkook tells him. "Let's get the bill."

So they call a waiter, and ask for the bill, and just sit there for a few seconds, before Jimin goes, "So..."

"So..." Jungkook repeats.

"Is there anything else you'd like to do before we leave?" Jimin asks. "Anything at all?"

"No," Jungkook shook his head, heartrate going up a bit. This was it, wasn't it? "You?"

"No," Jimin furrows his brows.

"O-oh," Jungkook frowns. "You don't have anything planned for tonight?"

"I don't," Jimin's voice was soft. "Did you think I had something planned?"

"Uh, yeah actually," Jungkook took a deep breath. "I thought you were going to propose tonight."

"What?" Jimin's eyes widen. "I thought you were going to propose tonight!"

"What!?" Their voices get slightly louder, but not loud enough to disturb those around them. "But you've been acting so weird lately!"