Eclipse

Jimin was the sun. Jungkook was the moon. The sun loved the moon deeply, and the moon reciprocated those feelings strongly.

Gravity pulled them apart the orbit of the earth and the moon prevented them from seeing each other. Jimin appeared in the day, Jungkook at night. They seemed to constantly chase each other around the world, a never ending cycle.

They've loved each other for billions of years, Jimin first noticing Jungkook as he formed around the earth. They met during an eclipse, love at first sight. But they didn't even get a chance to speak before they were pulled away again.

But then it happened again, later that year. And so Jimin realized he couldn't just stare this time. So he talked. "Hello, I'm Jimin."

And he answered. "I'm Jungkook. You're beautiful."

"Thank you," Jimin blushed. "But when we met for that first time I couldn't stop staring at you."

"Our last meeting was too short," Jungkook's eyes were kind. His external persona was dark but his words were gentle. Though Jimin was the actual sun as was Jungkook the moon, at this moment they were able to take a humanistic form of sorts, they could stand in front of each other. "I want to get to know you."

"I want that too," Jimin's smile was bright, it stood out despite the glowing aura around him.

Jungkook's aura was black, it didn't fit him much, except for the fact that he glowed in the dark, just like the moon did in the night sky. The black was harsh but his features were gentle. Jimin loved that about him right away. "Then let's spend all the short time together we have learning about one another."

"Okay," Jimin nods, his voice excited yet calming at the same time. "I'm going to learn absolutely everything about you."

"And I you," Jungkook's eyes crinkled with his smile.

And soon the two fell into a rhythm. They called their meeting eclipses, as if they were overlapping, as if they were overlapping one another. They also learned there were two types of eclipses; lunar and solar. Solar eclipses only lasted a couple minutes if that. If they were lucky they'd get seven minutes, if luck wasn't with them, they might get as short a time as 40 seconds.

But lunar eclipses they loved lunar eclipses. They got multiple hours during this time, spending every second of their two hours the best they could.

The sun fell in love with the moon, and the moon the sun. It happened quickly, they only had to speak for a few moments. Jimin waited for a lunar eclipse, by the time one rolled around, he had known he was in love with Jungkook for half a year. Just looking at him that first time he felt this strong feeling, but now he knows he loves the moon.

And so he said it. "I love you," He said, right as the lunar eclipse began, before you even had time to inhale to breathe. "I love you Jungkook. I have for a long time."

"I love you too Jimin," Jungkook's skin is pale like the complexion of the moon but his cheeks are glowing with warmth. "You're perfect."

"Oh my beautiful moon," Jimin leans forward, kissing him sweetly. "I'm going to love you until I burn out and explode into a supernova."

"And I'll love you until the earth is destroyed and I get cast off into space as nothing but a mere rock," Jungkook cups Jimin's face in his hands. "Look at that, my entire world, the one that helps me glow even in the dark of night, fits in the palms of my hands."

"Kiss me my beautiful moon," Jimin whispers, staring at his lover.

And so Jungkook does, bringing their lips together for the second time ever. It's magical, full of nothing but pure love shared between the two of them. Jungkook felt Jimin smile into the kiss, which in turn made him do the same.

"You're perfect," Jungkook repeats. "Dazzling, radiant. You're so stunning that mortals on earth go blind trying to get a glimpse of your beauty."

"Oh but they get to stare at you at night," Jimin reminds. "You're a gentle reminder that they're not alone you're a comfort to those afraid of what lies in the dark. It's you, who is perfect my moon."

"Your moon," Jungkook sighs in contentment. "Just like you're my sun. I love the sound of that, just like I love you."

"I'm so happy I've waited for this moment for so long," Jimin beamed, his teeth pearly white. "The lunar eclipse took so long to arrive."

"Well let's savor the time we have before we part for a few months," Jungkook's voice was soft, so in love. "I think about you so often when we're apart."

"And I think about you constantly," Jimin's voice is just above a whisper.

"Moments like this makes everything worth it," Jungkook breathes, holding both of Jimin's hands. "I can't wait for more moments to come."

And now it's been 4.53 billion years since they met, and their feelings have never changed. They'd get to meet anywhere between four and seven times a year. They've never argued once, there's nothing to argue about when you're two celestial beings just floating through the universe. They simply live in harmony, they simply live in love.

Humans tell legends about them, fables and fairytales, but none can capture the immense love they feel. The sun and the moon bask in each other's presence every chance they get. They hold each other talk to each other, about stars they've seen, or what astronauts have landed on Jungkook.

"I missed you my love," Jungkook brought him in for a hug.

"I hope the eclipse gives us a decent amount of time," Jimin kisses his shoulder. "Solar eclipses only give me a whisper of you."

"But then a couple months later comes the lunar eclipse, and we'll be together for a longer period of time," Jungkook speaks into his ear before pulling away. "But for now let's savor these couple minutes."

"You're perfect my moon" Jimin gives in, smiling.

"You're perfect my sun," Jungkook returns.

And with one final kiss, the exchange is over and it's time to wait again.

A/N:  Hey~

I moved into a new place, you like it?

I'm not going to talk much, I talked a lot in serial, I have nothing left to say right now. Normal author's notes will resume next time!

I love writing these kind of stories, they're so pretty and floaty and glowing and I get to write using soft, calm, beautiful words, my most peaceful stories and my darkest stories (Serial among others lmao) are the most descriptive.

If for some reason you're on this oneshots book instead of my first one, it's important to me you start with that one first, I've been writing it since 2018, and there will be sequels to some of those stories so~

Love you guys!

I'm so excited to start a new book with you all

-Mikayla