Separation

Jimin walks into the city hall, wearing an ash gray suit. He takes a deep breath, slightly nervous but doing okay. He scans the room for a few seconds, looking.

When he sees him he smiles.

"Hey Jungkook," Jimin walks up to him.

"Hey Min," Jungkook's suit was a slightly darker grey, it complemented the shorter's. "Today's the day. Are you ready?"

"As I'll ever be," Jimin nods. "Did you sign the papers?"

"I did," Jungkook holds up the folder. "Once we turn these in...we'll finally be divorced."

Jimin exhales. "That's so crazy, but it's what's best for both of us."

"Yeah, you're right," Jungkook agrees. "It is. Hey, sorry for wasting the past chunk of your life. If I had known this wasn't going to work I would've let you leave for someone else."

"Kook no," Jimin put a hand on his arm. "We were together for seven years, and we had six very happy years. It's just the seventh that really went downhill. We tried our best to salvage our relationship, it didn't work. I regret absolutely nothing, okay? Because look at us now, we still get along, we're just not a good fit as lovers anymore."

"I know, I loved you, I still love you," Jungkook stared at him. "I'm just not...in love with you anymore."

"Let's work really hard to still be friends," Jimin proposes. "We were friends before we got together, I don't want you out of my life just because we don't work as a couple."

"Good, me neither," Jungkook's eyes were kind.

"Okay, geez, I feel better about getting divorced now," Jimin huffs out a laugh.

"Me too," Jungkook pauses. "You know what I was thinking on the way here?"

"What?"

"Thank goodness we don't have any pets," Jungkook remarks. "We could've ended everything in that situation. I doubt we'd leave on good terms."

"Oh you're absolutely right," Jimin's eyes widen. "Possessions will be hard enough, but if we had a pet? We'd go from friends to enemies."

"Exactly!"

"Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook?" A woman came out into the lobby.

"Right here," Jimin raises his hand up a bit.

"Good," She nods. "I'm Amanda, I'm your divorce attorney. Are you ready?"

"Yeah, just a minute," Jungkook hugs his soon to be ex-husband. "I love you, and I know we've been great at fighting this past year, but let's try to get along."

"I agree," Jimin hugs back, satisfied that this chapter of his life was coming to an easy close. Well, easier than most people at least. "I love you too. Let's go in as friends."

"Okay we're ready," Jungkook tells her.

She looks at them a bit weirdly, she doesn't try to, but Jimin can tell. She's obviously not used to how well they get along. "Yes, let's go."

They go through the doors feeling okay.

A/N: Just a reminder, or for those of you who don't know, when Namjoon went to Italy back in 2019 during Bangtan's break, people that saw him wanted to respect him, so instead of using his name they used tette, aka tiddies in Italian as code name on Twitter, to the point where it was trending in Italy, and locals got in on it thinking they'd see boobs and then tweeting about how they were disappointed it wasn't boobs so it continued to trend.

And no one outside of Italy knew it was about Namjoon until he was gone.

God I hope Namjoon knows about this.