Brothers

Namjoon had gotten a wife two months ago. Since then, everything has changed. Millie was an amazing woman, and she set Jimin and his five brothers straight.

When it was just the men; Namjoon, Seokjin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Taehyung and him, they didn't care as much. They were messy, their house was messy, and they didn't bathe much. Who had the time? They were mountain men, and they had a farm to run.

But when Millie came along, she turned them all on their head. Namjoon was doing okay with the hygiene part, as he was the one who did the trading in town, so he looked and smelled the part of townsfolk more often than not. Millie was more focused on the other five.

She taught the boys to clean, pitching in, but letting them do the bulk of the work—it was their mess after all. She taught them the proper ways to take care of themselves. "It's 1850 for goodness sake!" She had said to them. "You aren't animals."

When the house was finally clean, and they looked and smelled nice, Millie was adamant about teaching them manners. The boys were so isolated from the world—according to Millie—they didn't know how to act! So Millie would teach them how to talk to men and women alike.

Jimin really liked Millie, and the other boys did too. Namjoon was really happy with her, really in love. Jimin wanted to be in love...but he didn't know if he wanted a wife. His brothers all wanted wives—they talk about it frequently. But, with the way they talked...Jimin just didn't feel the same.

Maybe it's because he's only really known two women in his life—first his mother, and now Millie. But...he doesn't seem to feel the way everyone else feels. He must've just not met the right woman yet. Once he sees her...everything will change. He's sure of it.

He has to be sure of it.

The local barn raising in the nearby town was a month away, and they were working hard so they could all go as gentlemen. Millie said they'll get wives in no time with how they're learning.

"Now Seokjin," Millie laughs as she teaches him to dance. "Make sure to watch your feet!"

The boys heckle him. Taehyung yells, "Come on brother of mine, you can do better than that!"

"Boys!" She scolds, but not in a way that makes them feel bad. "Jin is trying his best! You wouldn't like it if I pointed out all your faults in front of everyone, hm? What if your faults aren't fixed before the barn raising? Well, perhaps I'll just tell Namjoon you can't go."

That shut them all up.

"Wonderful," She laughs, resuming the dance.

Taehyung leans over to whisper into Jimin's ear. "I'm trying so hard. I'm gonna get me a pretty town girl like Millie to be my wife."

"Yeah..." Jimin murmurs. "Me too."

He wants it, badly. But something just isn't sitting right.

*

"Look at all my handsome boys," Millie walks to every brother, straightening their colorful shirts. She walks up to Jimin, fixing the wrinkles out of his royal blue button-up. "I hope all the pretty girls see what gentlemen you are and fall right in love with the lot of you."

"You're the best big sister, Millie," Yoongi smiles when she gets to him.

She laughs, cupping his face with a hand. "I'm happy you like having a big sister. But you're two years older than me."

"You still know more than us," Hoseok shrugs. "Maturity-wise, you're years ahead of all of us."

"Oh, you're learning boys!" She finishes by the door, surveying her work. "You all look perfect. Namjoon is done hitching the wagon, so let's not waste any more time!"