Mirror

Jimin stretched as his alarm went off, trying to pry his eyes open. Without moving, he reaches for his phone, sitting up and turning it off. He checked his notifications for a few minutes, but ultimately decided he needed to get up and get ready for work.

He turned on the bathroom light, running his fingers through his hair. With a yawn, he makes eye contact with himself in the mirror. And then his eyes widen, utterly shocked.

Because he wasn't looking at his own face.

He stepped back, the face in his mirror just as surprised. But...the man didn't mirror Jimin's actions. He was his own person.

"What the hell!?" Jimin exclaimed to himself, still groggy. "Am I on drugs? But, I haven't left the house in over two days...no one could've drugged me."

"W-what the hell are you doing in my mirror?" The man asked, surprised, but not loud.

"What do you mean?" Jimin sputtered. "You're in my mirror!"

"What!?"

"H-hold on, I must be dreaming," Jimin walks back to his room, turning on the light there. He goes up to the long mirror that stands up against his wall—the one with the beat up, olive-colored frame.

There he is again.

"Oh my God," Jimin shakes his head, then his shoulders, trying to wake up. "What happened to my reflection!?"

"I'm asking myself the same thing!" He exclaims. "Everything is the same in my room, everything is reflected. But I'm not looking at myself—I'm looking at you."

"It's the same for me," Jimin could see his bed, his nightstand, the carpet, the walls...but he saw this tall, doe-eyed brunette instead of his reflection. "Wait, so you're a real person?"

"Yeah I am," He nods. "You are too?"

"Uh, yeah," Jimin rubs his eyes. "Damn, I can't do this, it's too early. I need to get ready for work." 

He was sure whatever this was should go away soon.

*

Jimin walked into the bathroom at work. He was more awake now—he had had his coffee, everything should be back to normal.

Nope.

"You're here too!?" Jimin looks at the brunette.

"You pop up every time I look at a mirror. I must do that same for you," He shrugs. "I'm just as confused as you are."

"Yeah, but you seem so calm about it all," Jimin points out.

"...I'm not, really, but it seems to help people when there's someone who seems calm," The man explains. "I'm confused, and freaking out internally. But externally I'm good at putting on a brave face. I'm not sure why, but I am."

"Oh-"

Someone else walks into the bathroom.

And Jimin could see his face again.

He stares at himself with wide eyes, confused. He put his hand up, tilted his head, but it really was just his reflection. 

What was going on?

But the other man did his business and left, and the brunette was back the second Jimin was once again alone.

Jimin stares at the mirror man. "W-wait, did that happen to you too?"

"When someone came into the room I was in, I saw myself again," The taller told him. "But he left, and here you are."

"Ugh, this is so confusing!" Jimin exclaims. "But I must be dreaming, right? I have to be."