Maze

"I hate you."

"You've said," Jimin's friend Andy laughs. They drag Jimin along by the sleeve to the muddy entrance of the corn maze.

"Why'd we have to do this at night?" Jimin whines. "Knowing you you'll get excited and run off without me, and I'll be all alone in the dark."

And shook their head. "Never! Come on Jimin I'm your best friend, I wouldn't do that."

Jimin shoots them a pointed look.

They tense up a little, playing with the tutu-like skirt they have on over their jeans. "Okay, maybe I've done it a few times before, but that's in the past Ji. I promise."

Jimin huffs. "Fine. But if you run off you owe me a burger."

Andy laughs. "Deal! There will be no burger buying on my end though, that's for sure!"

Their best friend deadpans. "I dunno about that."

*

Andy was nowhere to be found. Jimin knew this would happen, this always happened and Jimin was left to be lost. He supposes it's his own fault for trusting them, but at least he gets a burger out of it for his trouble.

His pace was a leisurely stroll, he had nowhere to be, and the longer it took the more Andy would freak out. Karma, he though as he smiled to himself. So, in the dark, with slippery mud under his feet and stalks of corn high above his head, he just moved forward.

All of a sudden someone ran into him. He slipped, losing his balance. A hand grabbed his as they struggled to stay standing. But after a few seconds they miraculously regained their composure.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" The guy who ran into him, a guy bigger and taller than Jimin, exclaimed. "I didn't see you! You're kinda small."

"Wow, thanks," Jimin rolled his eyes. "Why are you running around in the dark without a flashlight?"

"My phone is close to dead," He explained. "My brother ran off without me, saying he wanted to race, but now I think I'm doomed, I'm never getting out of here. I'm Jungkook, by the way, what's your name and story?"

"Um, I'm Jimin," He furrows his eyebrows. "My best friend really wanted to go, and they promised they wouldn't leave me behind. But here we are."

"Damn," Is all Jungkook says. "We're like those books, huh? Left behind?"

"What? Those books are about kids who's families got taken up to heaven because their families believed in God but the kids didn't."

"And then the kids found each other and stuck together," Jungkook continued. "How about it?"

Jimin hesitates for a second. On one hand, walking around alone was boring. On the other hand, this guy was really annoying. "Yeah no."

"What? Come on," The guy grabs his hand as if he thought Jimin was going to dart away. "It'll be fun!"

"I really doubt it," Jimin stared at their hands.

"Please?"

"Why?" Jimin asked. "Why me?"

"Because you're a guy my age alone in a cornfield just like me," Jungkook shrugs. "Come on Jimin."

Jimin groans. "Fine! We'll stick together. It's not like you were gonna take no for an answer anyways. That's not a very likable trait to have."

"Yay!" Jungkook paid no attention to the last part. Or the middle part really. "That's great! Let's go then." He links their arms together. "What school do you go to?"