King

Jimin walks down the hall, head high. He's aware of people's stares, he relishes in them. In fact he waves at everyone he makes eye-contact with, saying hello by name if he knows it. There's no reason to be mean just because he's pretty.

To the leadership classroom he went, where the ASB cabinet members were. He walked straight to the senior president, Namjoon.

He taps his fingers on the desk, fidgeting. "So? What are the results!?"

"Calm down," Namjoon laughs. "You're obviously a nominee for prom king Jimin. The first one on the list, it was unanimous."

"Obviously!" He exclaims, though relief floods through his body. "Who else is in the running?"

"Let's see," Namjoon looks down at the list. "Choi Jakyung, Pi Youngho, Jeon Jungkook-"

"What!?" Jimin's eyes go wide. "Jungkook!? What made that kid want to do it? I never thought he was the type!"

The taller shrugs. "He's popular, people like him. And he actually seemed really excited about it."

"You've already talked to him!?"

"Yeah, he left a couple minutes ago."

"Damn it," He would have to work even harder now. Prom royalty was a popularity contest...and Jungkook was really popular. "That dumb asshole."

"Jungkook? An asshole? He's actually really nice-"

But Jimin is already storming away.

*

"Hey Jungkook!" Jimin finds him in the hall the next morning. He wears a cheery smile. "I saw you were nominated for prom king."

"Yeah," He beams. "It's pretty cool. I'm excited."

"Well, I'm a nominee too, if you didn't know," He scratches the back of his head. "It's been a dream of mine to win, ever since I was little."

"That's awesome," The taller nods. "Good luck then."

"While we're on that topic," Jimin speaks quickly, so he doesn't walk away. "You're not...actually planning on running, right? Like actually trying?"

"What?" Jungkook furrows his eyebrows. "Why wouldn't I try? I'd love to be prom king."

"Y-yeah, but it's my dream."

"Yeah but it's not your title," Jungkook started getting angry. "Why would I just let you win?"

Jimin's muscles tense. "Because you respect the fact that it's what I've wanted since I was a kid!"

"What the fuck Jimin," He glares. "Did you really think asking me that would work? Fuck that. You know what? I wasn't even that invested in this. But now? Because you're being an asshole to me, I'm gonna become king and watch your dreams get crushed. Because you don't deserve it."

"Hey wait a minute-"

"I'm completely invested now, and I'm ready," Jungkook cuts him off. "Park Jimin, you're going down."

And he storms away.

"D-did you see that?" He asked, to no one in particular, simply anyone that would listen. "How Jungkook just treated me? Surely you want a king that represents all the good things in this school, and it is not that."

Jimin's best friend walked up, he had seen the whole thing. "Come on Dork," Taehyung drags him by the sleeve. "Let's not make a scene."

"Did you see what he did to me!?" Jimin's eyes were wide. "That fucking asshole!"