Prologue ~ Chapter 7

Comenzar desde el principio

''And for miss Alerie, you also have an admirable talent as a beast tamer... But it has never been heard of, that a girl attends an all-boy school.'' the headmaster pointed out.

''It wouldn't be fair that that only Grim and Yuu get rewarded. Ari was also a part of our success.'' Deuce added.

''You are right Spade. That is why I am going to give Miss Alerie another status in the school with the same goal of guiding wizards. You will might even be able to attend the school as a student under special circumstances in the future.'' the headmaster said.

''Even though she's a girl!?'' Ace said taken aback.

''Yes, I might be able to do something regarding that matter.'' the headmaster said.

''I see, but what did you want me to do in the meantime?'' I asked curiously.

''Ah, yes. Because I am so gracious... I decided that you will be my personal secretary.'' the headmaster announced happily.

''EH!?'' We all stared at him in bewilderment.

''Do not worry you will mostly be by my side as I attend meetings and such. Sometimes you will be tasked to help the rest off the staff if needed. As for much responsibility you will have... Hmm... We shall wait and see how you will be able to handle the job.'' the headmaster informed.

''And because I am so gracious, it is going to be a paid job. I believe that it will help with your living situation at Ramshackle Dorm and your new four legged residents.''

''Thank you!'' Yuu and I said in unison.

'' I'll do my best to support you. You can count on me!'' I cheered.

''And supervisor. I have a request. This is wonderful!'' the headmaster cheered. ''Supervisor, I will entrust you with this. This is nicknamed the 'ghost camera.''

''I think my grandma told me about it before

''I think my grandma told me about it before. It's a super old magic tool right?'' Ace asked.

''It is not super old.'' the headmaster frowned. ''It may have been invented during your great grandmother's or great great grandmother's time. There is a very special spell casted on it. It does not only take pictures, but it also captures a part of their soul.''

''Part of their soul...?'' I asked confused.

''You can call it 'Memory: A Fragment of Remembrance'. The most interesting part of this magic camera is that the souls of the photographer and the photographed become deeply connected and the Memory in the photo comes out jumping! Depending on how close the two parties are the picture could move like a video or bring the situation in the photo to life. Fascinating, right?''

''In that case I also think that Alerie should also be able to take some pictures for herself. So when you want to borrow the camera let me know.'' Yuu said smiling at me.

''Thank you, Yuu. I'll hold you on to it.'' I smiled back at him.

''Supervisor... And miss Alerie. Use this camera to take photos of Grim and other students to leave behind memories of your lives in this academy.''

''Lalala. Take lots of cool photos of me~'' Grim said happily.

''And! Always make sure to get 'Memories' when someone steps out of line!'' the headmaster said with a serious tone.

Yuu and I looked at each other and nodded. ''Thank you very much.''

''It's already late. Let's save the detailed conversation for tomorrow.'' The headmaster said.

''Ah! And miss Alerie. Tomorrow early you'll meet the teachers and dorm leaders. I'll notice them before you arrive.'' the headmaster added.

''Yes, sir.''

Word count: 1081

To be continued - Please leave a like and comment 😄